For a cheap night at a hotel, this one was a decent price and looked nice from the outside. The bedding felt a little iffy but the furniture was nice. There was internet, but it loaded so slow it wasn't worth using. HBO is advertised on your reservation and hotel info, and there is a pamphlet in the room for it- but when you turned to the channel on the hotel guide in the room, it was just a black screen. Flipped through the channels but never did find it.
The staff were kind, but hard to find when you needed them. Waited for a while in person at the front desk and gave up. Also waited on the phone when trying to reach the front desk too.
Probably the biggest problem is that we asked for a Smoke free room- but when we got to it, we really think it was in the middle of a bunch of smoking rooms. We were on the 3rd floor and the whole floor smelled like smoke. We would have asked for a room change, but the hotel had a very smoky smell in general.
I was excited to see this hotel as #1 in the area prior to our visit, but now that I know that, and have seen this... your best bet would be to stay in a different city. We most likely would not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Econo Lodge Inn and Suites is located in Douglasville, Georgia and within 20 miles of downtown Atlanta. Area attractions to visit while you are in Georgia include the amazing World of Coca-Cola. See how Coke got its start and try over 60 Coca-Cola brand flavors from all over the world. Be in the place where the entire world gathered to watch athletes compete at the home of the 1996 Olympics, Centennial Olympic Park. Not far from the Olympic Park is the center of American news, CNN headquarters. See where the national news gets put together at this iconic building. Another important American figure started in Georgia to bring his dream to everyone in the nation. Come celebrate the life of Martin Luther King Jr. in the museum dedicated to his life work. Finally for thrill seekers, see the epic Six Flags over Georgia and Six Flags White Water and experience the thrill! The Econo Lodge Inn and Suites is conveniently located away from the noisy highway for guests to enjoy the new and spacious rooms in peace. The new hotel includes the following amenities for guests: Free continental breakfast, Free wireless high-speed Internet access, Free weekday newspaper, Outdoor seasonal pool. Business travelers will appreciate our state-of-the-art business center complete with fax and copy services and computer with Internet access. Free coffee is available for those early mornings as well as an exercise room. Meeting/Banquet rooms are available for a small fee. All of our spacious rooms come with a television including cable/satellite, microwave, refrigerator, and free local calls. Non-smoking rooms, sofa beds, and whirlpool baths can be requested. Laundry facilities are available for guests use. Whether staying at The Econo Lodge Inn and Suites for business or pleasure, our convenient location to area attractions and excellent staff makes us the perfect stay for your next visit to Douglasville. Keep Georgia on your mind and book with us today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Econo Lodge Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge Inn And Suites
- Econo Hotel Douglasville
- Best Western Douglasville
- Douglasville Best Western