“Depends on your standards...”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Douglasville
Bloomington, Illinois
“Depends on your standards...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

For a cheap night at a hotel, this one was a decent price and looked nice from the outside. The bedding felt a little iffy but the furniture was nice. There was internet, but it loaded so slow it wasn't worth using. HBO is advertised on your reservation and hotel info, and there is a pamphlet in the room for it- but when you turned to the channel on the hotel guide in the room, it was just a black screen. Flipped through the channels but never did find it.

The staff were kind, but hard to find when you needed them. Waited for a while in person at the front desk and gave up. Also waited on the phone when trying to reach the front desk too.

Probably the biggest problem is that we asked for a Smoke free room- but when we got to it, we really think it was in the middle of a bunch of smoking rooms. We were on the 3rd floor and the whole floor smelled like smoke. We would have asked for a room change, but the hotel had a very smoky smell in general.

I was excited to see this hotel as #1 in the area prior to our visit, but now that I know that, and have seen this... your best bet would be to stay in a different city. We most likely would not stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the back of the 3rd floor. It was VERY smoky and backed up to a mobile home park. Fine...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
GA866, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We read all comments and enjoy hearing from our guests. I was disappointed to hear that you did not have an enjoyable stay. We hope that in the future you give us a chance to make it up to you. I will personally ensure that your return stay is an enjoyable one. I want to assure you that our hotel presents the best value in the west Atlanta area when comparing price versus amenities. We carry quality bedding and linens approved by the high standards of Choice Hotels International. HBO is offered in every room and is currently channel 20 on any television. Wireless internet is offered throughout the hotel as well as hardwired internet. The front desk has free cables you can use in the event you prefer using the hardwired option. Additionally, the hotel has less than 20% smoking rooms and smoking is not allowed in any of the common areas. Prior to your comments guests have not complained of a “smoky” smell in any of the common areas or in the non-smoking rooms. We currently have a rigorous program that allows for ventilation of the hotel and all of the rooms to the outside in order to provide fresh clean air to all of our guests. Again, thank you for bringing some of these issues to light and I hope you find reassurance in that we are using your comments to address some of your concerns. I am confident that your next stay will be very enjoyable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Clinton, Mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

Having been a user of tripadvisor for a while now, I've come to trust the reviews of it's other members until now. I find it very hard to believe that this is the #1 rated hotel in Douglasville. It's mediocre at best and all the so called amenities aren't accessible. For instance, the exercise room is locked with a key and was not unlocked the whole time of our stay, it isn't accessible by a room key but a regular key. The so called breakfast was a joke, it's a glorified cereal bar at best. The waffle machine was "out of order" the length of my stay. The air was not working in the breakfast area
And this was during a heat wave. The Internet was down the whole time of our stay and so was my mood. The back of the hotel backs up to a trailer park and I will be posting pictures of the view since a picture is worth a thousand words. The rooms are dated and they are still using tube sets instead of flat screens. To sum it up STAY AWAY unless you have very low standards. My advice,stay closer to Arbor Mall, this area is depressing and dull. This will be the first and last time any Econo Lodge will be seeing me.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for commenting on our hotel and I am sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay. I want you to know that we are using your comments as a guide in order to improve service to all of our guests. We work to keep all of our amenities accessible to guests as much as possible, but at times we must close areas like the fitness room outside of the posted hours of operation. A staff member is always available at the front desk (24 hour front desk) to make the fitness room accessible. Additionally, our breakfast options are above and beyond the industry standards for a midscale hotel chain. In fact we recently added fresh hot waffles to our breakfast that can be made by guest themselves. My understanding is that you may have felt that the air conditioning was out of order but in fact this is not the case. Your stay was during the hottest heat wave on record for the Atlanta area, which may have caused this misconception. Additionally, we offer free high speed internet with both WiFi and hardwired connectivity for guests that are having trouble with connection speed. We hope that you give us a call during your next stay in Douglasville. I would be happy to ensure that you have a pleasant stay the next time you visit our convenient and quiet location.

Travelers are raving about these Douglasville hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

Although I wasn't very please with the location! My room overlooked a trailer park... It IS conveniently place right off the highway.

We had no problems with checking in, we got the room we requested, it was clean and comfortable.

The walls are a little thin, I could hear the gentleman in the next room having coughing spells. After the coughing stopped my little one and I were able to go right to sleep.

Upon check out I decided to have the continental breakfast. There is lots to choose from there was juices milk coffee bagels waffles cold cereal hard boiled egg and plenty more.

• Stayed June 2012
Auburn, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

Stayed here a few days this summer and had a very pleasant stay. The free breakfast was a nice touch and a great value compared to the what I paid for the room. I'll definitelly be back. Hopefully this fall for Six Flags Fright Fest!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mike J
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Econolodge while in town for a business trip. The hotel is located in a good and safe area, with easy access to the highway and is close to all major area in Atlanta. The staff is knowledgable and helpful, with healthy choices for breakfast. I'd definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Jaymen26
Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

This is an excellent hotel and I give it 5 starts. Its a great place all around. The rooms and facility are very clean. The breakfast was also great and had plenty of offerings. Best part was that the breakfast was completely FREE! The people that work there were also very nice and helpful. I've been here a few times for business and with my family and every time this place impresses.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly for the best room types.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Rdarby086
Aiken, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

My husband and I have stayed here twice while on personal business in the Atlanta area. We like it because it is in a quiet street, away from Interstate traffic and noise, yet close enough to downtown and the access to I-20. The manager and his wife are relaxed, attentive, and friendly. It's basic, not the place you'd choose for a vacation or luxury stay, but offers clean, comfortable, well equipped rooms with microwave and refrigerator in a good neighborhood. Very good value for the Atlanta area.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking room on the back side of the top floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business