“Fantastic food, friendly owners!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 171 Restaurants in Douglasville
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Grill, Gluten Free
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are a full service restaurant serving a traditional meat and 2 at lunch that also serves a variety of burgers,sandwiches and salads. More of an upscale diner at night.
“Fantastic food, friendly owners!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I go here almost once or twice a wk. to enjoy a good home cooked meal. Shrimp & grits, fried catfish or chicken, steak, "Double D" burger & fries...one lb. beef & one lb. fries! Also, lemon-basil chicken, tilapia, D-villy philly, chicken n' dumplings, chuckwagon steak & many other yummy dishes as well as made from scratch desserts. You should give them a try.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Melanie C

“Outstanding food and great staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We tried this place based on TripAdvisor reviews and were extremely pleased! Every dish had great flavor. We had the Philly, the grilled shrimp salad, classic cheeseburger, and veggie platter. All were delicious. They use very fresh meats and veggies and it makes a difference. The owner and family are super friendly. Good choice of beers and wines. Highly recommended!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
“Just like going home to Grandma's house (or Mom's!!) Yummy food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Just thinking about Burkes makes our mouths water! When we were recently gone on an extended trip (almost a month), I'd swear we started having withdrawals! On our travels, very few places compare to " Dwight & Peggys" place! Their daughter Erinn makes the most fab desserts...my fav, coconut cream pie! TO DIE FOR!! My husband likes the peach cobbler. We've tried almost everything on their menu & have never had a bad meal. We've been going almost a year now as it has become our "go to restaurant!" Some of our fav's are meatloaf, catfish, lemon basil chicken, ribeye steak, red beans & rice (best this side of NOLA!), as a matter of fact Dwight was a chef in NOLA as he and his fam lived there for awhile. Our fav yummy sides are mashed pot, okra, mac & cheese, green beans & grilled zucchini/onions & my better half esp. loves the crispy hand cut fries. Off the beaten path..away from mall traffic...across from C.Hill Middle School. Fine people, the owners are, you'll love them like we do! M & W

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Melanie C
Tampa, Florida
“Just like Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I travel from Tampa to Atlanta almost every week due to the nature of my business. I found Burke's by accident. I have been there almost every week for a year. The food is great,but that may not be the real reason I come here. The owners are so kind and warm(they try to learn everyone's name) that you feel at home. Great oldies music,cheap Sweetwater beer and really clean bathrooms. Please give me any better reasons to stop somewhere on a long trip from home!

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank dave w
“New Orleans flare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

This is good food with a twist. The know bread and the details to make a satisfying meal, just like I'm used to.

• Visited May 2013