“Nothing to Write Home About”
Review of Cinco de Mayo

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cinco de Mayo
Ranked #101 of 179 Restaurants in Douglasville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The first thing that my sister and I noticed were the dated curtains and mildewed windows. We proceeded inside. We weren't there for the decor. The entrance was confusing. There's a check out line where you pay right before you leave out, so when we entered we were in a check out line. No one seated us. We went to the first person we saw and asked if we should seat ourselves. The salsa and queso were average. No more; No less. I ordered the chicken al carbon tacos. The chick was average. It was all that was in the soft shell taco. I didn't touch the fixings that came with it because the guacamole looked like something out of a squeezed tube. It was slimy. I make homemade guac at home and their guac looked gross. My sister's grilled shrimp tacos were LOADED with shrimp! They were delicious and juicy! The sauce served with the tacos was good, spicy and smokey. There was no music playing. I am used to some mariachi music playing. There was none. I asked the server, she walked off as if she was going to turn on the music but it never happened. This place was just average. I would visit again maybe with my kids. Oh the bar area was not happening at all.

Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

From the first taste of the salsa to the last swallow of the cold beer in the frozen mug I was in heaven. I ordered camarone ala diablo (as shown). The word PERFECT comes to mind. The black beans, rice, and guacamole salad was as good. Then.....the server was too busy talking to bring my bill! Maybe just a fluke?