“Prices increase, food portions size decrease!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #29 of 173 Restaurants in Douglasville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Powder Springs, Georgia
“Prices increase, food portions size decrease!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

The entrée that we order for lunch went up in price over the past month from $10.49 to $11.79 and the portion size served us was a much smaller amount of noodles and chicken. The taste of this entrée was not as good either. This will probably be our last visit to this restaurant. Red Lobster serves this same entrée with a much larger portion and a much lower price. I will say that our waitress gave us excellent service on this visit to Olive Garden.

• Visited February 2014

“Service and Quality??”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

We used to go to the Olive Garden on a regular basis and with the variety of places available we are expanding our horizons but I really wanted some of the GREAT bread that they have so we decided to visit. We went on the weekend but it was very cold so they were not extremely busy. Took about 20 minutes to get seated. We sat and it took about 10 minutes for someone to come and take our drink order. We ordered a Gnocchi soup and an app. The soup was flavor full but the gnocchi was very very chewy. Our dinner came and we asked about our app and it arrived just before we were ready to leave. I had the chicken parm and it was just lacking flavor and the chicken was not crispy which was probably from all of the watery I am assuming pasta water that was floating around the plate. My husband ordered Chicken with cream sauce and there was already any sauce on the pasta and the chicken was very dry. but the bread was good.. It will be a very long time before we return..

• Visited December 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Reliable Spot”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Olive Garden is always a nice inexpensive stop with enough menu choices to please most everyone. The salad and soup hit the spot today.

Visited December 2013
Lithia Springs, Georgia
“Unacceptable (on a slow night) never going back!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Service was slow and sporadic . We were told 15 mins after ordering that the steak gorgonzola was frozen and unavailable. I spend $80 on bad service and mediocre food and one and a half hour wait . I talked to 2 separate managers and I would have been better off talking to the wall. They offered free dessert we accepted . (Waited 15 mins more for free dessert )

Douglasville, Georgia
“Very good, as expected!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

Olive Gardens, as a rule, serve up very good Americanized Italian food (which I personally prefer over Italian/Italian food, but that is just 'me') and the Douglasville location did not disappoint. We went there on Veteran's Day, when they graciously provided a meal for military personnel and veterans like my spouse. He was pleasantly surprised to see his favorite entree on the 'special menu' offered to veterans: Grilled Sausage & Peppers Rustica. I ordered the Shrimp Fettucinni, and my daughter (who is a vegan) ordered minestrone soup and spaghetti with plain tomato sauce. We also ordered the Bruchetta as an appetizer. The Bruchetta was very good, as were the salads beforehand. My husband reported his dish as "Sooooo goood", and mine was quite yummy, and had a lot of shrimp. My daughter liked hers, too. Just as a treat, we ordered one piece of the pumpkin cheesecake...it was okaaay...but it was just a bit 'much', i.e. way too rich, and to me, quite thick and 'pasty'. Not really a fan of it, and the price of $6.99 was more than ridiculous. (It was my fault, though, as I didn't see the price listed on the card, and didn't ask...but, as desserts usually run in the neighborhood of $5, I 'assumed' it to be about that. So, I don't blame OG for the price--they set their prices and we, the consumer, choose to either pay them or not, period...and I would not have chosen to pay nearly $7 for one piece of cheesecake, had I known it was that expensive.) So, overall, the meal was very good, and the service was most excellent. A pleasant evening out and more so, with a grateful heart to Olive Garden and all the other restaurants in the USA who choose to honor our veterans with a free dinner on Veterans Day each year.

• Visited November 2013