“Food Was OK, Service Was Slow, Could Have Been Better!”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #27 of 174 Restaurants in Douglasville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Douglasville, Georgia, USA
“Food Was OK, Service Was Slow, Could Have Been Better!”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We decided to go to Outback when the restaurant we wanted to go to was not open for lunch. This was on a Friday at about 2pm. We have been to this Outback Steakhouse but it had been some time. In the past our experience has been pretty good, sometimes a little slow to serve. This time was about the same but even slower. There were several moments here and there where we found ourselves waiting: waiting on food, waiting on a drink refill, waiting for the ticket. Our steaks were ordered medium; one was barely pink, the other closer to well done. The coconut shrimp was wonderful! The broccoli and cheese soup, very good. Most everything else we ordered was good, just slow getting to us. It will be some time before we decide to give them another chance!

• Visited December 2013

Near Atlanta
“Fair Food, Poor Service”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Our waiter was slower than a one legged kangaroo.

My wife's ribs were god but my charcoal cooked Med-well porterhouse was still snorting and stomping when the slapped it the table. The runner took it back to have it cooked as ordered. My wife and son took bets as to whether or not they would put a partially eaten steak back on the grill; they did. Hope those that came after me done get the flu too.

The steak was still blood within an inch of the bone and appeared to have been cooked on a greasy grill rather than over charcoal. Taking it home to the dog. He likes twice cooked raw steak.

Blue wedge salad was GREAT.

dallas, georgia
“HAIR IN FOOD”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We decided to eat at this Outback before shopping at Arbor Place Mall for some Christmas gifts. We had a gift card for $25 and decided to enjoy a light lunch. We arrived and we were promptly seated. Then we waited for over ten minutes before our waiter came over to take our drink order. Since it took so long for anybody to come to the table to take our order, we went ahead and placed our food order as well. We ordered the Spinach and Artichoke dip, a Ahi Tuna Salad and a soup / salad combo of the creamy onion soup and house salad. We finally got the appetizer which was decent. We then waited about 25 minutes just to get soup and salad. The onion soup was overly salty and luke warm. It had big slices of onion in it and was undesirable. Just plain weird taste. As I was eating my salad I noticed a hair in my spouse's salad. We told the waiter who said "I'm sorry about that." He offered to get something else for us but by that time we were both over the horrible experience and just wanted to leave. A man who identified himself as the "owner" came over to our table and was nice and apologized for the hair in the food. HOWEVER, what ticked me off was the fact that he said everyone in the kitchen had "shaved heads" and he did not have any women in the food prep areas. (The hair was long and red by the way Neither one of us had long, red hair. ) It was almost as if he was implying it was from me. I do have long hair but it is certainly not red! That was very rude in my opinion. I was steaming mad at this point and bit my tongue to keep from telling him what I really thought. The owner did comp the bill. Overall, a horrible experience and I will never go back. Overpriced crap food and service. Still a twenty dollar tab even with the tuna salad taken off of the bill. A certain waste of time and money. To sum it up....super slow, hair in food and lousey service.

• Visited December 2013
cullman
“lousey service and food”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

went to the outback steakhouse #1120, 6331 douglasville blvd, douglasville, ga. the service was real slow,the food was cold and not good. took a long time to get the food, drinks, and even the bill.

Visited November 2013
Alabama
“I'D RATHER EAT OUT BACK!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We tried Outback one more time, thinking an earlier bad experience was unusual. It wasn't. Their Victoria was awful, clearly over-tenderized and without any merit. The bloomin onion must have been fried in engine oil, dripping in it. Gack! The daiquiri tasted like some kind of industrial strength restroom deodorizer. Never again, not any Outback.

• Visited May 2013