“Excellent Wings” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Childersburg, Alabama
“Excellent Wings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

Had a family dinner outing here and had a great time..Both the regular and boneless wings were excellent. Service was better than average. Great sports atmosphere with large TV's that were well placed for easy viewing.. Will be returning soon..

• Visited March 2014

Douglasville, Georgia
“First time at a Taco Mac--the good, the bad, and the so-so”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

So, the first time I saw the name of this restaurant, I just assumed that it was a Mexican restaurant, and since D'Ville has them on every corner, we simply had not tried this particular one...especially after we discovered La Salsa (see my review). Not so with Taco Mac, I learned later...Taco Mac has burgers, soups, sandwiches, and wraps in addition to Mexican offerings. We went today for a late lunch and ordered their guacamole, a poblano queso dip, the veggie fajitas, and an avocado/shrimp wrap--to be shared between 3 people, one of whom is a vegan. The guacamole gets 5 stars, (altho I, personally, thought it had a bit too much lime). Very fresh, chunky, and salted perfectly. The salsa was very good, as well, and the chips were light, fresh, and warm--great!
The poblano queso was not as noteworthy. While it did have meat and fresh peppers in it, the dip was not piping hot (which is how I think queso should be served), so it only gets 3.5 stars. (Actually, it wasn't hot at all ...just warm, and therefore very, very 'thick' and even hard to stir). It tasted very good, and had it been a lot hotter (temp-wise) and maybe a bit thinner (which it might have been, simply as a result of being hot), I would have enjoyed it so much better. The veggie fajitas get 5 stars, and were delish, as we shared some of the veggies, with the vegan diner. The wrap was the lowest of the ratings...I can only give it a 1, because whatever seasoning they put on that shrimp was awful! I don't think I've ever had to literally remove a shrimp from my mouth during a meal until today. It was just terrible. I have no clue what the spice or seasoning is...and I am an accomplished cook. I just know that I simply could not eat that. Yuk. Anyway, while hubby ate half of the wrap (even though he said it was not good), the other half is now in the fridge. Would never order that again! My advice to them is to stick with a simple garlic/butter seasoning with a very light touch of any type of spice. Shrimp, if cooked properly, can hold their own in the flavor dept. without being masked with overpowering spices. The fries that accompanied the wrap? 6 stars! They were absolutely delicious, and we all enjoyed a few. The iced tea was very good, and our waitress graciously offered us a cup to go, when we left.
The service was a bit slow, even though the restaurant was almost empty, but we'd been warned in advance that you should not go there if you are in a hurry, so we were prepared for that. Not that it is a good thing, but just that we go what we expected there. But, our server was knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. Maybe the cooks are slow....who knows?
Overall, we enjoyed our meal at Taco Macs and probably will go back again. The nachos one the menu looked wonderful, and since the guacamole was so good and the chips and salsa were, too, we may go back to try those Nachos.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Memphis, TN USA
“Taco Mac--OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Visited here recently, and my opinion--just ok. Son has talked about this chain & really likes, but I would not go back unless with him. He had the hot,swimming, boneless wings & thought they were great. Daughter, who is a chef, had the taco salad with chicken, & also thought good; 2 kids with us had boneless wings & chicken strips, and were good. My mild wings were pretty dry and tasteless, although fries were good.

Atmosphere definitely for the younger crowd. TVs everywhere, a trivia game going on over loudspeakers, and loud music. Also interesting beer list for beer lovers.

Now have been there-done that, and is not on my list of places to return.

Visited July 2013
Villa Rica, Georgia
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here for years even when they were at the old location the food is always good and the service is fast and attentive it's a great place to meet up with friends or family

1 Thank McGunnL
Bridge of Allan, United Kingdom
“Superbly scrummy winges; great sports TV selection too; exceptional servixe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

Four of us went to TacoMac in order to watch the Man Utd vs Galatarary Europa Champions League match. We explained that when we arrived and settled down to order from the 100+ beer menu. Unfortunately, the Man Utd (and Chelsea) games were only on Fox Sports Premium, to which Taco Mac were not subscribers. After incredible efforts to fix this for us, and lots of apologies that this was not online now, our server went to call the owner to see if he could get the restaurant signed up to Fox Sports Premium just so we could watch the Man U game.

Back to the food. We order 4 orders ot 10 piece wings or off the bone chicken pieces. Everyone had different sauces from lemon pepper (delicious) through medium, hot, Three Mile Island, all the way to DEATH. We asked for our wings to be double fried to make them extra crispy. The wings were delicious. Honestly 10/10.

So back to the football. After half time, the Man U game came on. We were delighted. Excellent service, lots of requests to check we had everything we needed, speedy replenishment of our beer and wine. A thoroughly all American class act meal with fantastic service that totally deserved the lavish tip we left.

Gotta love TacoMac, Douglasville.

• Visited November 2012