“Lunch Alternative”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Legendary Food, Legendary Service
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Eating lunch in the area and wanted to try something different, Texas Roadhouse was a good choice, sat at the bar and had a good lunch, bartenter was very pleasant.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I've been to TX Roadhouse many times, and will continue to make it a regular stop. They bake their croutons fresh, and are so yummy on an extraordinary salad. Steaks are good -- you can choose your steak from a case when you walk in. Ribs are equally good. And on Sundays they give a 10% discount when you bring in a church bulletin -- can't beat that!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We have been patronizing Texas Roadhouse since the year 2000 when we first visited one in Sevierville, TN, while on vacation. When we moved to Douglasville last summer, we were pleased to see that there was a local Roadhouse, and the times we've visited, we've gotten the same delicious food and great service....until 2 weeks ago on a Sunday. Let me give a disclaimer here: I love prime rib, and yes, I am 'picky' about it. I expect it to be tender and flavorful. I order mine 'medium' and I have never before been disappointed in my prime rib at Texas Roadhouse. I have always said that theirs was my all time favorite, and for 14 years I got consistent quality and flavor in my prime rib. Until 2 weeks ago. We went after church, and I ordered the small prime rib, medium, as always, with a baked sweet potato and salad. When it came, it looked delicious. I immediately noticed that the potato was not a sweet potato, but a regular potato. But our meal was delivered by someone other than our server, and they simply quickly sat the food down. I decided to just eat the white potato instead of sending it back. I noticed that the prime rib had a much smaller 'rim' of the extremely tender outer meat than usual, but the portion was very generous and I began to eat. I ate the outer rim first, as usual, but when I tried to cut into the heart of the steak I was shocked that it was so tough that literally the knife almost would not cut it! Even my spouse (who could chew shoe leather and digest it) was surprised at how dense and tough the meat was (and it was NOT overcooked--it was very, very pink). When our server finally came back to ask how our meal was, I told her that I was sorry, but that the prime rib (which was intact except for the small rim I had eaten) was simply so tough I could not cut it! The response? "Oh, I am so sorry about that...." as she whisked it away and brought back our check--with the full amount of the prime rib charged on it. I was stunned! No offer to bring another steak or to take it off the check. If I had known that, I would have at least taken the steak home to the dog! It was simply unbelievable!!!! I have never, ever, had that to happen before....of course, I've never had a bad prime rib in Texas Roadhouse before, so maybe that is what they do. I know one thing....it will be a loooonnnnngggg time before I consider taking a $50 chance on that again!
In retrospect, I probably should have asked for a manager and complained, but most of us just don't like a scene, so we just quietly 'go away' and don't return. However, in this day of media ratings, we finally have a 'voice' to register our disappointment and / or disapproval of goods and services. I hope that the manager of the Douglasville Texas Roadhouse reads this review, and calls a staff meeting to rectify this type of really bad customer service. I mean, did no one notice in the kitchen that a whole steak was returned????? Did not one ask questions???? Man...they need to fix this problem and soon. Douglasville has tons and tons of restaurants, and the competition is fierce.
Before two weeks ago, had someone asked me 'who has the best prime rib?' I would have unhesitatingly said "Texas Road House". Now, that would be tentatively ventured with a caveat.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

My partner wanted to try something different for dinner and chose Texas Roadhouse, it was a good dinner from a chain steakhouse.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Texas Roadhouse is a great place for steaks. They have a wonderful flavor . I have never got a bad steak here. My family knows when I say I want a to go get a steak they know where we are going Texas Roadhouse.My family likes to go here for birthday dinners too. Also this Texas Roadhouse is very community minded. They support the local schools and churches etc.