Hampton Inn - Douglas
$65
$104
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgreat hotelcookiesroom was cleanmany choicesthe hotel is conveniently locatedgreat staffwould definitely stay here againfitness centersouth georgiafront desk staffpleasant staybusiness centersouthern hospitalityin townthe breakfast areacontinental breakfasthampton
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I will not stay at this hotel because of what I heard on the phone. I wrote a review a few hours ago and I do not see it on here. My friend was in the hotel parking lot near the back are by the pool. I heard someone yelling. I asked my friend what was happening and he said three women were back there and a black woman was yelling at the white woman telling her to get to work. The white woman said she was not on the clock. The other woman just stood there. Why would do this to someone in front of others, or at all. I would never stay in a place that treated people that way.
This was May 4, 2014 at about 9:20 am

Room Tip: Wow not too sure
Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Didn't enjoy the stay at this particular Hampton overall.

This chain is all over the place in terms of consistency from town to town. Anyone who stays in Hamptons probably knows this. Hampton here was not one of the best.

I had to change rooms three times. First room the fridge didn't work. Second the toilet didn't flush. Third was fine. No apology or comment on the inconvenience from the staff on duty at the time just here is your key. Okay whatever.

Then as I am getting ready for bed I close the bathroom door and see there is someone's hair stuck all over to back of the bathroom door. Not sure how but maybe with humidity and the hair dryer it stuck? In any event door could have been wiped down. Not good!

I was surprised there wasn't a desk in the room. There was a cocktail table and chairs. That was disappointing. So if you are expecting a nice desk setup for your laptop not here.

Dial on my AC didn't work. One speed all night. It was running when I came in and stayed on all the time. By this time I was thru changing rooms. Just dealt with it.

Also noticed a few things were out of order around the hotel like the ice machine on floor one.

Breakfast was good. Lobby area is nice. Guy in morning was nice.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Sk225
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Check in/out very efficient, quiet environment and very comfortable. I recommend for anyone needing a room in this area. Check in/out very efficient, quiet environment and very comfortable. I recommend this motel if you are in the Douglas, Georgia area. Check in/out very efficient, quiet environment and very comfortable. I recommend this motel if you are in the Douglas, Georgia area.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We visited Douglas, Georgia to research housing possibilities for a possible relocation. Location is ideal for a trip to this town. It's property adjoins Wal*Marts and is an easy walk of about 300ft. Perfect for gather items to stock the in room Mini refrigerator/microwave combo. Hotel is clean. Good complimentary breakfast and friendly staff. Double room for our stay had 2 chairs and round table. It could use more comfortable seating. Feel that a replacement small recliner chair, straight table with nearby electrical outlets for computer, chargers and business chair would be of benefit. In comparison to other hotel choices in Douglas we believe this to be the number one property.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I enjoyed my stay, everyone was helpful and friendly. My one complaint is the lack of a desk for working. The small round table in the room is great for snacks but not good at all for a laptop / working desk.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business