“Nice and Clean”

Hampton Inn - Douglas
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Douglas
Reviewed May 30, 2012

This Hampton Inn located in Douglas, GA is great for a one night stay. Staff were very friendly and the rooms were nice. My husband and I were disappointed when sitting by the pool at all of the cigarette butts, nut shells and garbage around the pool area perimeter. Someone is falling down on the job. Otherwise, not a bad hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Lynwashington, General Manager at Hampton Inn - Douglas, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank you for staying with us in Douglas, Georgia, we appreciate your business. We will monitor the pool area more frequently for cleanliness.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

This is a great little great hotel in the heart of Georgia. The staff is very courteous, the facilities are impeccable, and the rooms are comfortable and clean. Excellent in every sense.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank gmokatz
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Staying at the Hampton Inn with my daughter. In town for a family funeral. Had a queen room which was nice. The hotel has an outdoor pool which we attempted to go swimming in but we are from the north and like our pools warm. We sunbathed in a little gated area. There is plenty of eating choices in the area and a Walmart located next door. Cookies that are delicious are served daily around six.

Room Tip: Keep the ac on as the rooms tend to be hot when it's off!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2012

My stay at the Douglas Hampton Inn was very good. My room on the 3rd floor was clean and well maintained. The room was very comfortable. Breakfast was as expected but what set this over the top with the attentive service from the staff. The manager and the front desk staff were very welcoming and provided an nice environment for our group to meet and talk during our stay. The housekeepers were very courteous and helpful with any requests we had during our stay. I would choose to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 11, 2012

The hotel and front desk staff were fantastic. The rooms were very comfortable. The only problem I had was with the housekeeping staff. I was in the room during the day for about 15 minutes one of the days I was staying and the housekeeping staff was VERY loud. I thought I was staying in a Motel 6!! I was going to take a nap, however, they were so loud, I could not rest! I may not have been paying as if I was in a 4 or 5 star Hotel, however, I should not have had to listen to the 3 housekeepers yelling back and forth in the hallway to one another. Completely uncalled for!!!! I don't care if it is 8AM or 3PM, do NOT yell in the hallway!! I would give it a better rating, however, for the yelling I had to listen to in the hallway, I don't feel it would be appropriate.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank erin o
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I stayed at the Hampton in Douglas for four nights on a business trip. The hotel is clean and comfortable, in a congested araa, but quiet at night. The breakfast was very good, above average for the "breakfast included" option that many hotels have. My only suggestions are: install a front door that opens and closes automatically. I had several bags of luggage and it was a real struggle to pull open the heavy front door and get through (no one to help you of course). The morning newspaper was never there by the time I left in the morning ("it comes from Atlanta"). Also, the airconditioner in my room (319) was very noisy when it started up. It kept me awake the first night but then I got used to it and was able to sleep. Minor concerns, was overall a good stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2011

My recent stay at Hampton Inn in Douglas was convenient, comfortable and cozy. The friendly, accommodating staff from front-desk to housekeeping to manager is eager to please and to make sure you have exactly what you need when you need it. Breakfast offerings are fresh and include hot/cold choices with plenty of good coffee. The room was clean and comfortable and I felt completely secure whether in the hallways or in the parking lot. If you have to be in the area on business or for visiting the college, Hampton Inn is your best choice.

Room Tip: If you're a woman traveling alone, request a room on the 2nd or 3rd floors, away from the elevat...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business