“i loved my stay, and was well taken care of”
Review of Super 8 Douglas

Super 8 Douglas
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Douglas
Waycross, Georgia
“i loved my stay, and was well taken care of”
Reviewed June 24, 2011

I recently stayed at the Super 8 hotel in Douglas Georgia. I was on a business trip, and my company usually puts us up with LaQuinta Inn. For one reason or another my company used Super 8. The manager on duty at the time was Andy. He really went above and beyond to take care of us. I have stayed at 5 star hotels that didn't measure up to this. I just want to say thank you Andy. You made us feel special. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Thanks again
Andrew Padgett

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank andrewpadgett63

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Austell, Georgia
Reviewed June 8, 2011

As a truck driver, I have to lay over in hotels twice a week, often staying at the same places. In the past 5 years that I have been doing this, I can honestly say that the staff at the Super 8 in Douglas, Ga. are some of the nicest and friendliest people that I have had the pleasure of meeting. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, and the staff makes you feel very welcome and happy to have you stay there. There is also a very good selection of places to eat with some being in walking distance and Wal-mart is right behind the hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed June 3, 2011

We just happen to get it right when we made that perfect phone reservation. Not knowing the details to attention our family had in both rooms was beyound any place else we have stayed. Family friendly, very very clean. Excellent service, all request met timely without any problems. Great staff with excellent attitude and kindness to all of us.
WE GOT IT RIGHT the first time and by chance, lucky us! Try and I am sure you will be impressed on your first visit too. Thank you to all the staff, housekeeping and owner. It was our pleasure to stay with you. We"ll be back to visit!

Room Tip: Ask for special needs and it will be met!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
douglas,ga
Reviewed March 23, 2011

The staff is very helpful and the rooms are outstanding. The manager is very helpful and very perfetional.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Lookout Mountain, Georgia
Reviewed March 10, 2011

This economy hotel offers special features, such as a coffee-maker, microwave and fridge all in the room. I brought my hairdryer only to find that there was one in the bathroom! Though the room was a little small and had only one chair, everything was very clean, attractive and well-maintained. It is clear that the very personable owner takes great pride in his work and in his hotel. The breakfast is better than represented by one of the previous reviewers...it is continental, but offers plenty of variety for us. We ate dinner next door at Asian Buffet, which was very good and inexpensive, especially since the owner of the Super 8 told us to let the restaurant know where we were staying; we got a 10% discount on dinner. The rate for the stay was quite low, and we were told that if we are ever back through Douglas and stay at the Super 8, we will get the same rate! Pretty great!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BG35073
Douglasville, Georgia
Reviewed February 5, 2011

Great customer service. I never fill these out for any hotel or service, but I wanted to for this hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Lafayette, LA
Reviewed January 14, 2011

It's the "small" details that make this place stand out. Being handed a cold bottle of water upon check in seems like it shouldn't mean anything; but this is the ONLY time that ever happened. So it was special.

That was only the beginning.

The room actually had a 37": flat panel TV. I didn't even realize how much difference that small detail makes until I recently stayed at a different hotel and could see the picture "bending" at the edges of the TV provided by that other chain.

Being a small, "mom & pop" operation, they are always looking for ways to make things better and improving as finances permit. Every time I was within ear shot, they were asking how everything was and if there was anything they could do. You're lucky if you get a, "Hello" from other hotels.

If I ever end up in Douglas again, this is the place I'm staying.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business