Tripadvisor
Douglas
Post
Inbox
Search
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 25, 2019 via mobile

I drove past this property twice thinking it was deserted. There were no cars in the lot. We checked in and the front desk staff was excellent...nice and friendly. The first room we were assigned smelled so bad, the toilet wouldn't stop running, the mirrors weren't clean, the beds had not been changed. There was hair and debris on the sheets and on the phone cradle, there was mold and mildew on the shower curtain. We asked for and was given another room. This was only slightly better. The beds were clean but maintenance was still very bad. Shower curtain and bathroom still had mildew and unclean mirrors and still smelled bad. The property looked nothing like the website photos. The drapes and sheers were installed backwards with the sheers on the inside and drapes against the Windows. After we finally get settled as we tried to get some sleep, there were people gathered outside our room on the sidewalk drinking beer and talking loudly.
Very unsettling. But since this the only Choice hotel in Douglas and the front desk staff was so nice, we stayed one night. Even if the property is under renovation (I only saw the parking lot being repaved) shouldn't guest comfort come first? This site is conveniently located and I would like to recommend it to others but not under it's current condition. Maintenance here is very sub par.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
quality3799, Manager at Econo Lodge Douglas, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2019

We are very sorry that you did not have a great stay while you was in the area, we are in the stage's of renovating the property and things might have been overlook but thank you for letting us know so that we may strive to do better from our entire staff we would like to apologize for your recent stay with us.

Stewart

Reviewed September 27, 2019 via mobile

This is one of the few pet friendly motels in the area. When we pulled in about 5:30 p.m. there were only two cars and it looked closed. Our options for the night going South were few and none. There was a lit Open sign in the office so we checked in. It is very dingy and everything seemed to smell of old smoke. We think only three rooms were occupied that night. Visions of Bate’s Motel came to mind. Contrary to our fears, our car was still there in the morning and we proceeded on our journey no worse for the wear.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
quality3799, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Douglas, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2019

Thank you for staying with us. next time we will leave more light's on

Reviewed September 12, 2019

We stayed here for three nights due to Hurricane Dorian evacuations. It was a very clean room, the outside was clean, the beds were comfy, the staff was nice and the wifi worked well. Yes, it could use some updating, but I would stay there again.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed August 20, 2019

The bed was comfortable. This is all the good I have to say. It was very run down and not that clean. The shower had a wet bath mat over the tub. My husband noticed it when he went to take a shower. He ask me had I wet he bathmat. I said no why would I do that. I felt like the area around the hotel was a bad area. I did not want to go out of the room after dark. Breakfast was very skimpy. Smoke alarm was beeping Told the office guy he stood on coffee table and removed battery. He did not replace it or anything . So no working smoke alarm in room. I wonder how many other rooms have no working smoke alarms. Would not recommend or stay there again.

Date of stay: August 2019
quality3799, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Douglas, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey,

Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here one because we are Choice members, which is a great program! Two, because we had no power from Hurricane Irma! Beds very comfortable!
Breakfast has a lot to be desired, if you want to call it breakfast! Dry cereal,waffles, and cheap wrapped pastry!
Would only stay here if an emergency!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
quality3799, Manager at Econo Lodge Douglas, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2017

Thank You for staying with us..