“Clean, spacious rooms in Douglas' newest hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Douglas
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Douglas
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Check in was very fast! King bed room has lots of space. Bathroom is a little small. Walls are thin so you will hear your neighbors. Make sure to ask to not be on the 1st floor by lobby because its noisy. We had the room by the hotel laundry room so we had that noise as well. Our window faced a brick wall so ask about that if you would like a view. Business center is one computer in the middle of lobby. Parking lot is very well lit. Overall, its a nice spot to stay.

• Stayed: April 2012

Reviewed March 28, 2012

We were here for a ROTC meet and chose this hotel because of location and the look it had on the website. We were quite glad we did because the staff was friendly and the rooms looked great. Slept quite well too. Great job Y'all

Room Tip: Quiet floors
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We were in town for my mother-in-law's funeral. Bronda, the clerk at check in, was exceptionally kind. I think we had more than 35 people stay at this hotel for the funeral. The hotel was very accomodating to our needs. Although the room was very clean and well furnished, the bed was too firm for my liking.
The breakfast was pretty awful. Cold, watery eggs. Weak, bland coffee. Pancake machine broken the entire time. The famous cinamon rolls ran out each day at least an hour before breakfast ended and were never replenshed. Selection of foods limited.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Poor quality of service for a holiday inn express. Twice I was able to get keys to my room without giving my name. I just told them I needed keys for room #***. That is a serious safety issue. There is NEVER anyone at the front desk. Ring the bell and hope they show up in the next 10 minutes. Top it all off with rude service makes this a horrible place to stay. Nearby Hampton would be the better choice...heck, super 8 would be a better value.

• Stayed: February 2012
4  Thank Ren2094
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Recently stayed at this hotel for a wedding for 1 night. We booked through hotels.com and had a decent rate for a two-queen suite.

Check-in took a bit longer than it should have, considering we were the only ones at the counter and has prepaid for our room.

Once we checked in, the room was quite roomy, very clean and had updated fixtures, tv, and furniture, including a wet bar with a mini fridge and microwave. The only thing negative about the room was that the tv was not visible while sitting on the couch.

The restroom was clean (had a bit of what looked like dried paint or putty on the edge of the tub).

We did not eat the complimentary breakfast (and I do find it humorous that past reviewers rated this hotel poorly due to lack of cinnamon rolls).

Overall, this is definitely the best in Douglas.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank BradOnTheGo
Reviewed March 5, 2011

I have stayed here two other times. The first stay was the best; however, the shower quit working on my last day. The second I have written about previously. This last visit was the worst.
1. The lighting in the room is awful. I feel like I'm in a cave.
2. There was no hair dryer. It had been previously ripped from the wall. Reported this to front desk but hair dryer was not replaced during my five day stay.
3. Shower rod was sagging as it was coming loose on one end.
4. No towel bars.
5. I reserved a room with senior discount that advertised two queen beds and an easy chair. There was no easy chair in the room. This was reported to front desk but not resolved.
6. Breakfast trays were not kept replenished throughout the breakfast period 6 to 9 a.m. If you wait until 8:15 a.m. to go down, you will not get much.

The one good thing was the beds were comfortable. The staff was friendly but didn't do anything about the problems.

This may well be the last time I stay here.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank RCaraway
Reviewed December 19, 2010

We checked in last night. I had read some negative reviews before we got here so i was apprehensive. I am very impressed.
First, i read on lots of reviews that the pool was cold. It is not, the lady at the desk says its 84, feels about right. Id like it alittle warmer, but she says the health dep. Regulates how hot the can go. The kids dont seem to care.
Second, the room is clean and modern. Flat screen, lots of pillows, all the standards. We were given an upgrade to a suite bc there were none of what we needed availble. Very big room & bath.
Third, the breakfast was really good. There was waffles, toast, muffins, biscuts, grits, cereal, eggs, gravy, cinnamon buns, a juice machine, lots of coffee. Very impressed.
Hopefully the rest of my stay will continue to impress me. I would stay again. Worth the extra money.

• Stayed: December 2010