Tripadvisor
Doraville
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews buford highway staff was friendly atlanta marta housekeeper proximity
Selected filters
Reviewed October 8, 2019 via mobile

When we tried to check in, we struggled to get the main door open so we could check in. Finally a lady came and opened the sliding doors. It took her a long time to check us in and she didn’t seem on top of things, but we thought maybe it was just a fluke.

My best friend and I chose this hotel only because it was within 15 minutes of our seminar. We should have left after seeing the room.

The room looked ready but we found a dirty wash cloth in the bathroom and a dirty toilet with urine on the seat, plus an open soap packet with the wrapping on the counter. We immediately went down to let the counter associate know and waited so long, we gave up explaining. We just asked for a wash cloth and left to get food.

And having to leave for food leads to another problem. The Clarion website says there is a restaurant onsite. There is not. The staff told me it hasn’t been there in about 2 years. They offer a “ continental breakfast” in the morning, but it is one of the worst i have seen. I see why the staff try to turn you away or suggest eating elsewhere. It literally is white bread, some bagels with jellies and very little else. I saw a waffle maker. I did not see proof it worked. There is no protein available and the staff made that clear. This is not a holiday inn express breakfast in any way shape or form.

I wish I had known if I could just drive 15 to 20 minutes further, I could have been in a safer area, with better amenities, even if more expensive. There are so many anecdotes I could relate, but the last is, i was at the front desk checking out, and saw a used syringe on the desk. I stupidly picked it up and tried to hand it to the desk clerk who respectfully declined it, handed me antibacterial gel and said that usually doesn’t happen.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Ava S, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave our property a review regarding your experience and for choosing to stay with us.

We feel very disheartened that your expectations were not met, as serving our valued guest is our number one priority. We would like to extend a heartfelt apology for the shortfalls you experienced during your stay with us.

We have shared your feedback with the concerned team and alerted them to take immediate corrective actions for the concerns faced by you for service improvement. You can be rest assured that we will take the necessary steps to improve the satisfaction of our guests and to help us serve you better on your next visit.

Your feedback is much appreciated and we assure you we will continue to maintain the standards our valued guests have come to expect from us.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope you will return and allow us to redeem ourselves for a positive experience and for a memorable and problem-free stay.

Reviewed September 24, 2019 via mobile

This is an older hotel so don’t expect much. It was clean, beds were comfy and staff was friendly but that’s about it. Pool was closed for maintenance but looks like it’s permanent, work out room had broken a/c and tv, the breakfast was basically coffee and white bread products. Price was right at $100/night which I thought was a little high for the accommodations.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Ava S, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and taking the time to post your feedback. We feel very disheartened that your expectations were not met in some areas, as serving our valued guest is our number one priority. We would like to extend a apology for this. We hope that you enjoyed your overall stay with us.

We strive to provide highest quality of service and accommodation and value any feedback we receive as it gives us the opportunity to uphold our standards and ensure our guests' satisfaction.

You can be rest assured your comments have been taken into consideration and conveyed to the relevant team members, and we will do our best to address your concern.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you again at our property in the very near future to show our true level of service and hospitality to our guest!

Regards,

Ava Smith,

Reviewed September 2, 2019 via mobile

The first picture that pops up on the website is a beautiful pool which has clearly been out of service for years. The staff was very unprofessional and rude if i might add. We stayed for 3 nights and housekeeping did not come for two of those days. Pick another hotel unless being disappointed is your target.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Ava S, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2019

Dear Antonie,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel and for taking your time on posting this review.

Thanks for alerting us about a lapse in service with regards to your stay. Your feedback is shared with the management for an immediate review, and rest assured that the issues you raised will be addressed in order for us to consistently provide the level of hospitality we normally pride ourselves on.

We have also discussed your comments with the Head of the Departments to determine where we went wrong and ensure the proper action is taken. You can now be sure that our entire team will be dedicated to paying closer attention to your requests to ensure a more enjoyable visit.

We hope to see you again and promise that you will have a better guest experience.

Reviewed July 12, 2019 via mobile

We booked this hotel because it was the closest to my son's soccer camp. The only requirement we had was that our hotel had a pool so my son could cool off after being in the sun all day. It was advertised to have a pool, but the pool actually looked like it had been out of operation for years. It was basically a concrete hole with waist high stagnant water. We left after the first night and had to spend half the next day looking for suitable accomodations. Very disappointing.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2019

Worst hotel experience I had, the hotel raised their rates on me last minute and had me pay over $100 dollars for one night! The breakfast was horrible, not enough food and no beverages! Pick another hotel!!

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Choice Hotels
Ava S, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay.

We sincerely apologize for what you experienced as mentioned in your feedback – we are so surprised and concerned, and we can assure you that this is nowhere near the high level of service we typically provide. We’ve addressed these issues with the concerned department to investigate what may have caused this unfortunate exception to our normal levels of hospitality, and we can promise that immediate improvements will be made based on your feedback.

We hope that you will grant us another chance to welcome you back and make all of this up to you. Thank you again for your comments and for choosing us as your host.