“Terrible, old, uncaring, unprofessional”

Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Doraville
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We were moved here after the Holiday Inn intentionally overbooked and sent my family and two pilots here for "equivalent accommodations", yeah right. When checking in, all I was given was a single bed room when we had 4 people and told by clerk that was all we had entitled to us. After being told that I had 4 people, I was informed that I was going to have a challenging night.. Ha, funny. So myself and my wife sleep on the floor and the next morning, when stumbling by the front desk, the same clerk, an older woman asks, so how did that room work out for you, glances to the other desk person, and starts ti giggle. Such Class. Pathetic attempt at a breakfast, horrible room, and such a professional staff. You should be so proud!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
GM_ComfortInnATL, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear
TBIColumbo1
I am so sorry that you were unhappy with your stay. Please know that we do the absolute best with the resources that are provided to us. Also we are addressing these issues and are working diligently toward solutions.

There are newer reviews for Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed here for one night while passing through the area because of the low price. When we arrived we asked to pay with cash and the check in guy said that would be fine to pay at check out with cash. So we got our key and headed up to our room. When we got on the elevator it made really scary sounds and kind of freaked me out. A man got on with us and said earlier he rode the elevator down and the doors NEVER closed! When we got to the 4th floor the elevator stopped and felt as though we were fixing to fall back down the shaft. We took the 4 flights of stairs from there on out! The view from our room was terrible! All you could see was an ocean of air conditioners on top of the lower portion of the hotel and a small section of the fence that surrounded the pool. The room did get super dark and cold which was the only plus. Upon checkout we paid cash and the check out lady said the night person had ran our card. What? Why? I said CASH! She said sometimes the night person runs the cards at midnight. So I have her credit my card...now here we are days after the stay and I'm on the phone with the manager, who is SUPER rude, trying to find out why the money has not been credited back? Really aggravating experience and a sub par breakfast...even by cheap hotel standards.

The lobby was super clean if that matters at all.

Thanks for the headache...see ya never again!

Room Tip: Pay the extra $25 to stay somewhere else

Dear Will S
I am so sorry that you were unhappy with your stay. Please know that we do the best we have with the resources that are provided to us. We are addressing all the issues you mentioned and we hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Pros: quiet location, decent breakfast, great rate, friendly front desk and helpful, housekeeping was available for extras like towels, near Marta which made it easy to get to the Braves games, large pool, beds were comfortable

Cons: needs a little tlc (carpets worn), waffles were tough, plastic forks and knives beyond not great (bring your own as they broke when cutting tough waffles), pool was littered with leaves and frogs (but there was a storm the night before so this could happen- however the pool guy could have cleaned it up prior to opening at 9am), found two giant crickets in the room.

Would I stay there again - yes if I couldn't find anything better for the price.

Dear Norecommendation,
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Comfort Inn and Conference Center NE. We strive to provide the best possible service and the best possible rate. I will be happy to pass your compliments on to the staff of the Comfort Inn and Conference Center NE. They will be overjoyed to know their hard work as not gone unnoticed.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My mom and I attended a wedding here - it was one of the worst hotel experiences I've had in a very long time. It's hard to pinpoint staff when the overall picture indicates that this is poor management all the way around. Everyone is nice as they continue to say "Sorry" or "I don't know" or "we don't have" or "I don't live in this area". Lack of proper training is surely a key! From the rooms where the carpet has not been cleaned in ages, the a/c-heat units are cluttered with dirt and dust; mold and mildew in the bathroom; the overall smell of the room as soon as we opened the door was mold and mildew (another friend said her room smelled heavily of cigarette smoke). From asking for places to eat and no one being able to tell you what's in the area (this hotel has no eating facilities) to asking for a quiet spot to make a phone call and being told "we don't have that and you will have to pay long distance". As simple as a corkscrew( we lend them out and people don't bring them back ($0.99) to a bandaid (aren't all hotels supposed to have some sort of first aid kit) - "sorry". Even checking in, 5 people behind the desk and we had to wait for them to finish whatever they were handling before we were addressed. If anyone else came into the picture, everyone else would stop everything they were doing to join in. The shuttle service was a joke, although they offer transportation within a 3.5 mile radius (nothing is within that radius other than the subway), we were told that it stops at 5 pm (what about people wanting to go get dinner) and it was not available for the weekend because the real shuttle cars were all broke and the GM had rented a car but no one could drive it but him and he wasn't there on the weekend - so this car sat out front of the hotel the whole weekend with no one having permission to drive it - "sorry". The free wi-fi was extremely slow and when you weren't fighting with the mouse to get it to move around, you were being kicked out of the site you were trying to find. The only saving grace for this weekend was the beautiful wedding we attended (which didn't feel like we were in a crappy hotel) and being able to meet with friends I haven't seen in a while.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a good room, please find another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
GM_ComfortInnATL, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Kathrine G.
I am sorry to hear that you were less than pleased with your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies.

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Pubic hairs in the bathrooms. Had to stay here for baseball. Broken elevators. Rude management. Worst hotel I have ever been in. At least the housekeeping staff was polite and Antoine at fort desk was nice. The manager was not welcoming.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank cindyw777
GM_ComfortInnATL, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear cwhomeschool
I am sorry that you were less than satisfied with your stay. I am not sure what manager you spoke with but I certainly don't recall having met you. Again accept my apologies.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Found location easily with GPS. Nice location for for peaceful rest. Friendly, efficient check-in. Didn't use outdoor pool b/c it was raining. Good shopping and eating within short driving distance. Overall, it was all we needed for our one night stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
GM_ComfortInnATL, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear nlscotteyedr,
Thank you so much for your kind words. We at the Comfort Inn and Conference Center Northeast strive to provide excellent service everytime. We look forward to your next visit to the Comfort Inn and Conference Centert Northeast.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

My wife and I came down to Doraville from Darlington, S.C. to watch a Braves game during Final Four Weekend in April. I am a teacher and she is a nurse so we certainly are not rich. The price is right! Very affordable. We arrived a few hours before check in and they let us up to our room early. My wife is from Beijing and there are numerous Ethnic Chinese Restaurants in the area, that are really authentic. It is within walking distance to the MARTA. Took a train right into Atlanta and got on a shuttle to the Braves Game. It is a quiet location without all the hustle and bustle of Atlanta. Very easy to get into the city. We liked it so much we are coming back this weekend to catch a game and eat some good authentic food. Bottom Line-Affordable-Nice Location-Friendly Staff!

Room Tip: Higher Floors seem to be quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_ComfortInnATL, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear Croadst,
I want to thank you so much for your kind words. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Comfort Inn and Conference Center Northeast. We always strive to provide the absolute best service and the most competitive price. I'm really glad that you found access to the city easy and enjoyed the eclectic area surrounding the Comfort Inn and Conference Center Northeast. We are looking forward to seeing you again. Have safe travels and we will see you soon.

Robbie Patterson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Doraville
DoubleTree by Hilton Atlanta Perimeter Dunwoody
#109 of 172 in Atlanta
Studio 6 Chamblee
Studio 6 Chamblee
#2 of 4 in Chamblee

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta? Share your experiences!