“They've got Rebekah who is beyond rude at the front desk!”

Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Doraville
Atlanta, Georgia
“They've got Rebekah who is beyond rude at the front desk!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Decent rooms for the price. Chair was torn, no fridge or microwave, horrible breakfast from the previous day(s), but clean overall. When it comes to customer service, this place has none!

We had made 2 reservations, first for 1 night (5/11), the second for 2 nights (5/12 & 5/13). We requested to keep the same room. Last night, the room key wasn't working. When my family tried to explain to Rebekah at the front desk that the reservation does not end until 5/14, she was extremely rude and started shouting! She said "you are not getting a room, without paying for it!" I have never heard of a hotel receptionist talking like this and shouting at customers for no reason! What is the matter with this person? I had gone 2 miles on the interstate when my family called me. I had to come back & show her my copy of the reservation. She also gave me a nasty attitude and talked to me in a very rude tone! I was not yelling at her I was not being rude at all.. I do not understand what was up with her. When she saw that our reservation really was for 2 nights, she started shouting and saying "I'm just doing what my boss told me to do. Someone here told me to do it for just 1 night, and that is what I was trying to explain to your family back there!" Then she simply handed us the room keys and did not even apologize once! Not once! I never knew this was even possible. I have never encountered this type of behavior anywhere.. let alone a hotel front desk. They shout at you over here! We will never stay here again. I did complain on their website.. not that anyone is going to look at it and take the time to teach this girl some manners. I guess where she comes from, people get rooms without paying for them.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank aj b
GM_ComfortInnATL, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear AJ B,
I appreciate you sharing your comments on your stay with us. I have indeed sent you a personal email on this matter and I am awaiting your response.

Robbie Patterson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Myrtle Beach, SC
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My lovely bride and I stayed at this hotel on a visit to the Atlanta Area while attending classes at a Massage Therapy Institute nearby.

After a horrible experience at the Suburban Extended Stay Motel about 2 miles away, we decided to search for a better place to stay the following month. Betty and I found this lovely, restful hotel close-by. Upon entering the hotel with our little Shih Tzu Gizmo, we were greeted by a very friendly staff at the front desk. A short period of time later, Robbie, the hotel general manager walked up to Gizmo and started loving on him.

I had explained to Robbie the horrid experience we had at the other Choice Hotel in the area as well as the exorbitant pet charge ($75) they made us pay. Robbie was stunned to hear of the pet charge and he informed us the pet fee would only be $25 for our stay the following month at his hotel.

The combination of Robbie loving on Gizmo as well as his explanation of Comfort Inn's pet charge was enough for Betty and I to make the decision to stay at Robbie's hotel next month.

Within 1 week of speaking with Robbie, I booked our reservation at his hotel for our 2nd Massage Therapy Accreditation Class in Atlanta. The reservation process was smooth as silk and the rates were very awesome.

1 day before our arrival to the hotel, I received a telephone call from April Gibson informing me that they would be charging my credit card on the day of the phone call. I had never heard from a motel or hotel before giving me a courtesy call regarding the charging of my credit card, which was absolutely wonderful.

Upon arrival in Atlanta at the Comfort Inn, Doraville, GA, again we were greeted by the most friendly and accommodating front desk person named Michael. Michael was very polite and rapidly checked us in and gave us keys and directions to our room.

A slight problem with the room we were assigned occurred as a result of the previous tenants of the room had been smoking in a non-smoking room. We notified Michael and he immediately switched our room and escorted us to our new room to make sure we were satisfied with the 2nd room. The 2nd room was perfect and we stayed there for the duration of our training in Atlanta.

The room was very quiet, peaceful and serene. The housekeeping staff were quite friendly and cordial. They made us feel as if we were at home in Myrtle Beach, SC.

Another caveat to our fantastic visit was the complimentary hot breakfast served in the dining room of the Comfort Inn. The meal consisted of eggs, bacon, sausage, grits, cereals, bagels, sweet rolls, waffles, fresh fruits, yogurts, fruit juices, coffee, water. In my previous motel experiences, I had not encountered such a wide variety in a complimentary breakfast. Not only was the variety vast, the food was awesome!!!!!

Betty and I were so happy with our experience at Comfort Inn, Doraville, GA, we expressed our feelings and experiences with Dr. Koeppel, our instructor for the Massage Therapy training we were attending. As a result, Dr. Koeppel is going to post on her website the recommended accommodations for her classes to be Comfort Inn, Doraville, GA, which is only 2.5 miles from the Massage Therapy Institute.

In a nutshell, our experience at Comfort Inn, Doraville, GA, was one of restful, peace, contentment, and high quality professional service that I would expect from a Choice Hotel!!!

Robbie, April and Michael, many thanks for a wonderful stay my friends. We hope to see you in the near future as we continue our training in Atlanta.

With Highest Regard,

Scott Lawrence, LMT
Myrtle Beach, SC

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank scottk4sl
GM_ComfortInnATL, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear ScottK4sl,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your compliments with us here at the Comfort Inn and Conference Center Northeast. I am so excited to hear that you were pleased with your stay. I do remember the day that you came in for the first time, and that adorable little fella you had with you. We love our furry guests and are always grateful to get the chance to meet them. Thank you for recommending the Comfort Inn and Conference Center Northeast to the training facility. That is truly the biggest compliment of all. We look forward to seeing you guys and Gizmo on your next visit. Thank you again.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed April 10, 2013

After an horrible experience a month ago at a different hotel frankly I was not looking forward to returning to Atlanta. The Comfort Inn was in a word WONDERFUL. We took the dog and were not charged an arm and a leg for him nor were we given a second rate room because of him... The first room we got smelled like smoke and we were given another without a hassle in fact the desk clerk came up to make sure everything was ok. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. Even though our room was facing the freeway it was very quiet. In fact despite the fact there were lots of folks staying at the hotel. Our room was quiet and peaceful. The breakfast was great the food was hot and tasty. The next time I have to go to Atlanta I will be staying here.

Room Tip: no worries they are all good except from maybe the ones right by the outside doors could be bit noi...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GM_ComfortInnATL, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear BettyL,
Thank you so much for your response. It always awesome to hear when our hard work and efforts don't go unnoticed here at the Comfort Inn and Conference Center Northeast. I will pass along your compliments to our staff. I know they will be excited to hear them as well. We look forward to your next visit to the Comfort Inn and Conference Center Northeast.

Decatur, Georgia
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My organization hosted a weekend conference at this hotel. It is conveniently by Spaghetti Junction where I-85 and I-285 in Atlanta meet. The outside of the hotel is a bit dated, but they've obviously put in effort to remodel the inside. It's as nice as you'd expect a Comfort Inn to be. Working with the hotel for our conference needs was easy and cost-effective. Buford Highway is right outside the hotel too, giving our attendees plenty of fantastic eating options. The morning breakfast buffet was fantastic! Lots of choices, and the price isn't bad. Everyone had a good time, and we experienced no problems.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear HokieJAC,
I want to personally thank you so much for your kind words and compliments. Here at the Comfort Inn and Conference Center Northeast we strive to provide the best possible guest experience at the best price of any hotel in the area. I will be passing along your compliments to our staff. I know they will be as pleased to hear them as I was. We look forward to you choosing the Comfort Inn and Conference Center Northeast for your next event.

White River Junction, Vermont
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We were looking for a fair price and got that with a fair hotel. It was adequate, beds comfortable enough and we were able to sleep. Sound doesn't travel through the walls which was good. No attention to detail for maintenance; bathroom door was damaged, tile in hallway broken; alarm clock did not work; informAtion book in room had dried Chinese food on it. Free breakfast basic with not much taste. Elliptical in fitness room did not work.
Front desk does not communicate with housekeeping well for check out. Housekeeping knocks on your door before check out time to see if you're gone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank PNGmeri901
GM_ComfortInnATL, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear PNGmeri901,
I appreciate you candid remarks about your stay. I want you to know that I will personally address these issues. I am glad that you found the room to be comfortable. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to make a second impression the next time you are in the area.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Spent one night with spouse. Check in was fast. Assigned room 301, king bed. Everything in room was fine. All clean, updated. Only complaint was Internet strength/connection in that room kept dropping or was painfully slow (router at other end of hall). Nice linens, towels, etc. Convenient to Buford Hwy and the restaurants. It is off I-285 so it freeway noise bothers you, choose a room away from freeway.

Breakfast was great! Plain and blueberry waffles, eggs, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, bagels, coffee, juice, etc. plenty to eat!

If in the area again, would stay here.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Saranger
GM_ComfortInnATL, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Saranger,
I am so excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Comfort Inn and Conference Center Northeast. We always strive to provide the best possible service at an excellent value. I'm also glad to hear that you were happy with the breakfast. I agree that we have an awesome breakfast each morning. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our staff. I know they will be grateful to hear that their hard work has not gone unnoticed. We look forward to your next visit at the Comfort Inn and Conference Center Northeast.

Noblesville, Indiana
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Inn-Doraville last week for 5 nights while on business in the Atlanta area. My company paid for the room so this place wouldn't have been my choice of places to stay while in town. Based upon some of the previous reviews I wasn't expecting it to be all that good but I was actually presently surprised.

Check in went really smooth, the front desk agent that checked me in was all business, there was no small talk at all which was fine with me. The hotel does offer smoking rooms but I didn't need one and I had called ahead to request a top floor room which was granted to me.

The lobby and hallways were super outdated, it looked a bit rough around the edges which didn't give me much faith that the rooms looked any better. However when I arrived at the room it was very surprised how up to date it was. I had a King room and the room was VERY Clean, the bathroom appeared to be renovated recently, the shower was lined with stone and the counter was also stone which was very nice.

The rest of the room was clean and offered the basic hotel furniture. The flat-screen TV did not offer HD service but the reception was pretty good.

The room did come with a complementary breakfast but I did not use it. The area around the hotel is ok but not great. It seemed like Doraville was generally a Hispanic area which did offer a couple different local Mexican restaurants if you like that type of food.

The one complaint I did have was the the elevator is a bit scary, if you didn't like elevators I would recommend taking the stairs.

Overall I enjoyed the stay and if I was in town again I would stay there.

Room Tip: El Taco Veloz is a great Mexican dive restaurant and even has a drive-thru. It's only a couple m...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear RockJock44,
I want to thank you for your response. We are indeed in an eclectic area. I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay. We are diligently working to improve all aspects of the Comfort Inn and Conference Center Northeast. Your comments will be put to good use. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our staff. I know they will be as pleased to hear them as I am. We look forward to your next visit to the Comfort Inn and Conference Center Northeast.

Robbie Patterson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doraville
Home Towne Studios - Chamblee
Hampton Inn Norcross
Hampton Inn Norcross
#1 of 38 in Norcross
Staybridge Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center East

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta? Share your experiences!