Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta
  • Free Internet
Lodge Atlanta(Doraville)
  • Free Internet
  • Fitness center
All reviewsfront desk staffmarta stationbit datedan updatethe hotel staffgood nights sleepvery nice hotelcleanersga
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Spent one night with spouse. Check in was fast. Assigned room 301, king bed. Everything in room was fine. All clean, updated. Only complaint was Internet strength/connection in that room kept dropping or was painfully slow (router at other end of hall). Nice linens, towels, etc. Convenient to Buford Hwy and the restaurants. It is off I-285 so it freeway noise bothers you, choose a room away from freeway.

Breakfast was great! Plain and blueberry waffles, eggs, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, bagels, coffee, juice, etc. plenty to eat!

If in the area again, would stay here.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Saranger
GM_ComfortInnATL, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Saranger,
I am so excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Comfort Inn and Conference Center Northeast. We always strive to provide the best possible service at an excellent value. I'm also glad to hear that you were happy with the breakfast. I agree that we have an awesome breakfast each morning. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our staff. I know they will be grateful to hear that their hard work has not gone unnoticed. We look forward to your next visit at the Comfort Inn and Conference Center Northeast.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Inn-Doraville last week for 5 nights while on business in the Atlanta area. My company paid for the room so this place wouldn't have been my choice of places to stay while in town. Based upon some of the previous reviews I wasn't expecting it to be all that good but I was actually presently surprised.

Check in went really smooth, the front desk agent that checked me in was all business, there was no small talk at all which was fine with me. The hotel does offer smoking rooms but I didn't need one and I had called ahead to request a top floor room which was granted to me.

The lobby and hallways were super outdated, it looked a bit rough around the edges which didn't give me much faith that the rooms looked any better. However when I arrived at the room it was very surprised how up to date it was. I had a King room and the room was VERY Clean, the bathroom appeared to be renovated recently, the shower was lined with stone and the counter was also stone which was very nice.

The rest of the room was clean and offered the basic hotel furniture. The flat-screen TV did not offer HD service but the reception was pretty good.

The room did come with a complementary breakfast but I did not use it. The area around the hotel is ok but not great. It seemed like Doraville was generally a Hispanic area which did offer a couple different local Mexican restaurants if you like that type of food.

The one complaint I did have was the the elevator is a bit scary, if you didn't like elevators I would recommend taking the stairs.

Overall I enjoyed the stay and if I was in town again I would stay there.

Room Tip: El Taco Veloz is a great Mexican dive restaurant and even has a drive-thru. It's only a couple miles from the Comfort Inn.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear RockJock44,
I want to thank you for your response. We are indeed in an eclectic area. I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay. We are diligently working to improve all aspects of the Comfort Inn and Conference Center Northeast. Your comments will be put to good use. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our staff. I know they will be as pleased to hear them as I am. We look forward to your next visit to the Comfort Inn and Conference Center Northeast.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed at this location in February 2013 for one night while in town on business. If you read my last couple of reviews you will notice that it seems shower problems tend to follow me in my travels. That is not the case at this location.

Lets first start with the room. It was very clean and spacious. The bed was comfortable and the work area very large. The bathroom and shower were large and very clean. The house keeping staff even took the time to make the towels into a sea shell shape. Nice simple touch that was noticed.

The property and ground themselves were clean as well. All of the staff were friendly and responsive when asked for assistance.

As usual I did not eat at the breakfast room.

The only drawback...unless you get a suite, there is not a refrigerator or microwave in your room; however, this is mentioned on the Choice Hotels website.

I WILL stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: If you need a microwave or refrigerator in your room, choose a suite.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Tankga
GM_ComfortInnATL, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Tankga,
I want to thank you so much for your kind and considerate words. It is always a pleasure to hear when all of our hard work has not gone unnoticed. Here at the Comfort Inn and Conference Center Northeast we strive to provide excellent service at an excellent value every time. I will certainly pass on your compliments to the staff. They will be elated to hear it. Again thank you so much for choosing the Comfort Inn and Conference Center Northeast and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

This hotel is definitely worth the price, nice clean rooms, breakfeast and a lots of things to do in the area , and cleanup staff is friendly. Now here where it goes wrong I'm 19 and I travel a lot for work and school, So I tend to stay in a lot of hotels and I have never got bad complaints towards me and for some reason as I paid for the room the manager and one of her employees told me that there would not be no more rooms that following Sunday , which by the way sounded fishy because the hotel parking lot is usually empty due to it being off in the cut , so instead of being honest with me I went down that following Saturday night and tried to pay early well, the staff told me Ms.Robbie Patterson(General manager) left a note basically saying that I couldn't extend my stay there no longer under no circumstances and if the staff do he/she will be written up . It was unbelievable if you ask me. I don't know if it was because I paid daily or what but I never got treated like this. I guess it was because it was a moderate hotel but now I know to stick to the hiltons,Marriotts and etc like I been doing, that way you pay more and they treat you better .

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Nicole6789
GM_ComfortInnATL, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Nicole6789,

Thank you so much for your compliments. I will be happy to pass those along to the staff, i know they will be grateful to hear that their hardwork is appreciated.

Please accept my apology for the inconvenience, however, we were infact sold out on that Sunday due to a large group that was previously booked several months in advance.

Ms. Gonzalez
Front Office Manager

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stay here every time I am in Atlanta. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. I travel quite a bit and this is my favorite location to stay when I'm away from home. My only complaint is that the WIFI is slow and frustrating. It's fine for checking email or other simple tasks but, try to watch YouTube, Crackle, or Netflix and forget it. They have a very nice breakfast area with plenty of good stuff for breakfast. It is a family friendly environment with a nice pool area where you can chill out next to the pool with the fam. They have several options when it comes to having dinner come to you with various delivery restaurants in the area. The management team is always on point. Thanks for a pleasant experience every time!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jeremy R
GM_ComfortInnATL, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Jeremy R.
Thank you so much for your compliments. I will be sure that I pass them along to the staff. We have a wonderful crew here and I know they will be thrilled their hard work has not gone unnoticed. I do want to apologize for the issue with the internet. I will take immediate action to see what the problem is and get it solved. Thank you for making us aware of the issue. Thank you so much for choosing the Comfort Inn and Conference Center Northeast as your hotel of choice. We look forward to your next visit.

Sincerely