Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Doraville
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great place.”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Great place for meetings.Very accommodating. The group I attended was well taken care of. There were no outside noises to have to deal with. The room was very clean and fresh, no smell of cigarette smoke anywhere that I was, which is a big deal for this person. I would choose the Comfort Inn and Conference Center in the future for any meeting I might have anything to do with.

Room Tip: Was there for a meeting and was very impressed
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
GM_ComfortInnATL, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Lucius
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Comfort Inn and Conference Center Northeast. It is always great to know that our hard work is noticed and appreciated. Here at the Comfort Inn and Conference Center Northeast we strive to provide the best service and the best price. I will pass your compliments on to our staff.

Comfort Inn and Conference Center Northeast

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Winston-Salem, NC
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for a couple of days last week. I expected better rooms for this chain of hotels, especially since it was located in a conference center. The only rooms that had microwaves/fridges were the suites. The decor was pretty tired, although it seems like the bathrooms may have had an update. The hotel was close to the highway and easy to access; also located near several fast-food types of restaurants. There were several rather dark areas in the parking lot, particularly near the trees. I can't comment on breakfast, which looked like a hot breakfast, since I only picked up a banana one morning.

Room Tip: You have to book a suite to get a fridge/microwave.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear NCGal_11,
Thank you so much for staying with us. We are working diligently to address the issues you encountered. I hope that you will give us an opportunity to serve your lodging needs the next time you are in our area.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Let's start with the room, since that it is the most important factor in a hotel for me. This one was great. Very clean, nicely furnished. Very comfortable bed. It was quiet and very dark once I closed the curtain. No parking lot lights bleeding in around the edges!

The parking lot concerns that others have mentioned are justified, but I'm not sure that it is any less safe than any other place. Just be aware of your surroundings.

My rating is a result of what happened when I arrived. I got there at 1:30 and was told that there were no rooms available and that I would have to return after 3:00, the normal check in time. OK. I was early. And maybe, just maybe, somehow every room in the place went from being unusable to usable in 90 minutes. (If that;s the case, I would love to hire someone on their housekeeping staff to clean my place!)

I left and ran an errand, got back at around 2:10 and just sat in my vehicle and worked. At about 2:30 I noticed someone else going in, coming back out and grabbing their bags to head to their room. At that point I realized that there were several cars parked in the lot. Clearly, waiting till three wasn't necessary.

It's a small thing. But I could have been much more comfortable working inside, where I would have been if I hadn't been told not to come back until after 3:00. When I did go back inside, the girl at the counter was drawing floor plans with another guest, quibbling about what room he must have had the last time he was there. I'm not sure why she just never asked him exactly where he would like to be and try to accommodate him.

Other than the front desk experience, this was a clean comfortable place with a great rate. I will go back, but I will get there after 3:00!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Robert R.
Please accept my apologies for the issues with your check-in. I am the new General Manager and we are working very hard to correct all the issues. Please allow us another opportunity to serve your lodging needs if you are ever in our area again.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The waffle maker was broken at Breakfast, The door handle was missing in the workout room.
The Parking lot was dark,no lights on the side of the building! The room was clean, but nothing special!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Doraville hotels

Alabaster, Alabama
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I stayed here last week for four days. I was impressed right away with the young lady who checked me in. She told me the trick to opening my door (I had to pull up on the handle) that was unigue to my room. Then she gave me directions to my room and told me the best place t park my car. While I was unloading my luggae, she came running out and said she had accidently only keyed my room key for one night rather than four and she gave me the correct ones. Very nice of her to go to extra trouble.I do not recall her name, but on my bill it said I was checked in by ddiaz. She was young and seemed to be middle eastern.

The room itself was very nice. It was clean, spacious with a comfortable bed. All other staff I encountered was equally plaasant. The shower was a little tricky to figure out how it worked, but not too bad.

My only complaint is that it is not in a nice area of town. There weren't a lot of dining options near by except for a bunch of Chineese restraunts, no chain places other than fast food or anything resembling "fine dining".I went looking for a place to get a drink and the only places close by were nasty looking strip joints. I could have driven further, but don't like to drive far in unfamiliar areas after drinking. None of this, of course, is the fault of the hotel, I'm just saying.

Yes, the hotel is wonderful and I never felt unsafe while there. I would gladly stay if I was only in town one night, but not for an extended time if I wanted to enjoy the neighborhood.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank can_mover
Online_Media_Mngr, Public Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay at the Comfort Inn & Conference Center Northeast.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your visit! We greatly appreciate your compliments to our staff and have passed them along. Also, next time your travels bring you to north Atlanta, please feel free to reach out to our front desk personnel for nearby dining recommendation; we have many local favorites in the area.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel!

Best regards,
Hotel Management
Eastaboga
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The carpets were extremely dirty in the hallway and elevator. The water pipes in the room had a tremendous amount of air in them. When the water was turned on it sounded like a jack hammer. It was so bad that the bathroom mirror rattled and almost fell off the wall when the water was turned on. The same water pipe noises could be heard when the adjacent rooms turned on their faucets, too.The hallways reeked of cigarette smoke, and the walls were paper thin. I could hear "everthing" that was going on in the adjacent rooms. A birthday party was going on in one of the ball rooms---the doors to the ballroom were left open and extremely loud music filtered into the lobby and common areas of the hotel.
An extremely loud, dirty, and disappointing stay.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the 3rd floor---the water pipes have air in them and make a horribly loud noise when...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kristy M
GM_ComfortInnATL, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Dear Kristy,
Kindly accept my sincere apology for the incidents that happened during you visit to our location, during your stay at or location we had a birthday party booked in our ballroom on level One, if our staff would have known your concern we would have informed the guest to lower the music and also moved you room away from the front section of level three. We make sure our guests are satisfied and they choose our hotel.
Again I sincerely apologize and will make sure we do our best to ensure you have a great stay on you next visit to our location.
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed December 16, 2011

Nice hotel, near the Doraville MARTA station. Staff is very friendly. The beds are good and the comforters much nicer than most hotels. The prices are great and include breakfast. Hotel is older, but very well kept. Outdoor pool in season. I come to Atlanta often for work and have made this my "home-away-from-home". Feels clean, safe and cozy. I recommend it highly--great find for the cost!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank DCPers0n
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doraville
Studio 6 Chamblee
La Quinta Inn Norcross
La Quinta Inn Norcross
#10 of 38 in Norcross
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta? Share your experiences!