“This is definitely a hidden gem”

Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Doraville
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I'm currently at this hotel and so far so good. We stayed here based on reviews from Tripadvisor. I will update this review if something changes. As it stands now the two worst things that we have experienced is noisy valet cart and potential spots on the ceiling above the shower tub. The valet car used to move our luggage from our car to the room was extremely noisy, which would have been fine if it was during the day but we arrived at 11:30pm. The bathroom ceiling in the shower appeared to have some mold spots but since the ceiling is knapped (coarse textured), it is hard to confirm. In any event, it wasn't bad enough to complain about the room. Now for the good:
1. The carpet is clean.
2. The A/C works.
3. There is free WiFi.
4. The beds are comfortable. The pillows were a little small but accommodating.
5. Clean and comfortable chair and foot stool.
6. Desk and chair comfortable.
7. Plenty of mirrors, lighting, and all around good condition of the room and hotel itself.
8. The young lady at the lobby counter was very nice and pleasant.
9. They are pet friendly.

At this time, I would definitely stay again in the future.

Room Tip: Stop at the Georgia Welcome Center to get the coupon for the best rate.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank bill f
There are newer reviews for Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta

Reviewed July 16, 2011

My wife and I relocated to this area and needed a place to stay till we closed on our new house. We came across the Metro Hotel, this little hidden jewel in the Atlanta area. We ended up staying a week and a half. It is my pleasure to recommend this place to friends, and anyone traveling to the area. The room was very gorgeous and clean, and the staff was friendly, courteous, and could not do enough for us.

Thanks for the best stay.
John S.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank PNic_77
Reviewed June 25, 2011

The staff was friendly and the room was clean and beautiful! Just like pictures. Hotel felt safe, everything was great! We were very happy with the price and would definitely stay here again :)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Excellent hotel. Very comfortable and the staff is awesome, from the manager to the housekeepers - excellent job. Natin Patel is one of the best Managers I have encountered. I travel all over the southeast.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2010

I have had one of at least two nights at the Clearview Ave HI NE Atlanta locale and I must say that I have thus far been most impressed and look forward to tonight and many future nights "ici". Most Atlanta hotels (All Marriott brands as well as Emory Inn and Emory Conference Center/Hotel) have been booked for the past two nights and I came by way of this hotel in my search for a hotel while I start my boutique-concierge business and receive treatment at Emory Hospital for my seemingly fatal allergies to GA.

The staff has been courteous and professional and despite the pressures of a double-dip recession and it damaging effects on hotels to attain and maintain exemplary standards each hotel has had to offer more for less while trying to stay affloat in the unprecedented econmic times. While having mixed emotions about many Marriott properties (franchise- and Marriott-owned) and similar experiences at Holiday Inns, the HI Atlanta Clearview Ave location has exceeded my expectations for an unimaginably reasonable rate and en Englais le mot suitable pour mon experience ici is simply "Wow!"

I whole-heartedly endorse this facility and give it my professional and persnal rating of 4.5 stars particularly when one condiers the pricepoit and how much other Marriott and HI properties fall short of my individual but relatively-well informed perspective and challenge/ask any one with questions or differing opinions to contact me at jamaikalv@yahoo.com.

I am in the research and "apriori business development" stages of my boutique-consierge service in the global hospitality industry and will undoubtedly as aforementioned be coming back to cette facilite et trip advisor websight to share my comments. Alors je dit - Bon journee et have a great trip!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2010

The General Manager and hotel staff greeted our middle school student travelers with cookies and punch and our chaperones with in-room gift bags! That was only the beginning of the wonderful service we experienced at this hotel. In addition to clean and beautiful rooms, all on one floor, the manager provided us with a meeting room in the evenings and a separate room for a delicious breakfast each morning. Our students, as well as the faculty chaperones, were treated with respect, kindness, and enthusiasm (a rare experience when traveling with students). The staff went out of thier way to accomodate our needs and make our stay enjoyable! We will definitely book this hotel for future school trips!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank evync
Reviewed September 21, 2010

Needed an economical hotel for a 6 - 8 week stay. Holiday Inn Doraville was close to one of the client's locations and was willing to work with us as we needed three rooms weekly. Rooms were clean and staff was very courteous and friendly. Management worked with us to keep the same three rooms throughout our stay. Front desk personnel were always personable and willing to assist in making our stay exceptional. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doraville
DoubleTree by Hilton Atlanta Perimeter Dunwoody
#109 of 172 in Atlanta
Studio 6 Chamblee
Studio 6 Chamblee
#2 of 4 in Chamblee

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta? Share your experiences!