“PLEASANT DINING - LARGE PORTIONS”
Review of BBQ Corner 2

BBQ Corner 2
Ranked #4 of 60 Restaurants in Doraville
Cuisines: Barbecue, Chinese
“PLEASANT DINING - LARGE PORTIONS”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

The Buford Highway corridor has a good choice of Asian specialities. "BBQ Corner 2" was visited and we went away very well fed. Quality was very good and service to match. Large enough for familiesto enjoy and won't break the budget. Will return nest time in the area.

• Visited February 2014

Asheville, North Carolina
“REVISIT TO BBQ CORNER 2”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Was in the area returning from a weekend trip. Stopped in at BBQ Corner 2 for dim sum on Sunday morning. Arrived at about 11 AM just as they were getting ready to open. All the carts had fresh, tasty, and hot, dim sum ready to go. Selection of dim sum was great, as was the quality and service.

Wouldefinitelyly return anytime in the area.

• Visited November 2012
Asheville, North Carolina
“BBQ Corner 2”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Have eaten here several times over the years whenever we were in the area. Been eating Chinese food since I was a child. NY Chinatown to Hong Kong, etc. Daughter-in-law is Chinese as well. Not American Chinese - Chinese Chinese.

I think when you review any ethnic food you have to keep in mind where you are and level your expectations accordingly. We are talking Atlanta. Not NY, Frisco, or the Mecca itself - Hong Kong.

This place has decent and very acceptable food at reasonable prices. I would agree with other reviewers that sometimes quality can be spotty. Depends on time of day and who is cooking I'm sure.

Atmosphere, friendliness of staff, and other non-food related items that you normally look for in a dining experience - simply do not apply in my opinion when looking for good inexpensive authentic Chinese food.

Keep in mind that these comments are based on visits up to about early to mid 2011. Since reading the most recent reviews I will try Ming's BBQ in the same plaza when I will be in the area in about two weeks. Been wanting to try it anyway so the other reviews are giving me a good excuse.

• Visited August 2011
Durham, North Carolina
“Excellent meal on a budget”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

If you are on a budget and don't really care about ambiance, this is the place to go. I absolutely love the wonton noodle soup there. I first came to this restaurant after a 5 hour drive that had me in the area at 1.00am in the morning. This place closes at 2 so I tried my luck and that wonton noodle soup hit the spot. At $4.50 and complimentary hot tea (the tea, by the way, is excellent too) I felt like I ave traveled back in time. Since then, I have visited this place every time I'm in the area. I have also tried other dishes and they were all very good. The roast duck rice, though not as good as the ones I had in San Francisco is still top notch with a generous serving of juicy succulent roast duck. The little bit of dim sum that I tried was also excellent.

Service is basic--polite but not very friendly. They have never been busy when I was there so I was able to get help whenever I needed without much fuss.

If you are not the type that orders general tso's chicken you will find some authentic tasting Chinese dishes at this place.

• Visited December 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good late night chinese.”
Reviewed December 14, 2007