“Best Sushi in Atlanta”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I go here every chance I get, absolutely the best sushi in Atlanta. Service is quick and there is usually a short wait for a table.

1  Thank Diane P

Reviewed March 2, 2014

If you are blindfolded and put in this restaurant and they ask you where in the world are you, with no doubt you will say: I AM IN JAPAN..... from the servers, the food, the way tables are arranged, the menu, etc, you cannot be more authentic. However as others had said, expect a truly Japanese menu, so it could be kind of confusing.
So if you ever feel like that talk to your server, they are super friendly and they will ensure that you have a great time.
Also don't just eat and leave..... Walk around the restaurant, and experience the whole thing..... If you like to travel and want to experience Japan w/o taking a loooooong fly this is the closest that you can get.

Oh btw, forgot to mention that food is delicious, and you cannot go wrong with this restaurant.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We went here Sat night for dinner. I must admit I am not a sushi expert but my son is and this is his favorite place to go. You know it's good when you arrive at 8pm on Sat and still have a 30 minute wait. I ordered the sausage appetizer and beef udon noodles. I fully enjoyed both. My son got the baby octopus appetizer align with the sushi bowl ( forgot the real name). He loves it! If you want real good Japanese, go here.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Foods are great, very authentic! But the place is even better. One friend who stayed many years in Tokyo said: it is the place looks most like Japan outside of Japan!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Just moved to Atlanta and have already been to Shoya twice. My wife is Japanese and I lived in Tokyo for a dozen years, so we know an authentic Izakaya when we see one. After being thoroughly disappointed by Honda-ya in LA, we were a bit skeptical about Shoya, especially given its location in a nondescript strip mall in the Atlanta suburbs....next to a giant Korean supermarket. But our skepticism proved unwarranted. From the décor and atmosphere, to the food and drink menu selection, to the quality and flavor of the food, Shoya is a true Izakaya that would not be out of place in Tokyo or Osaka. Everything we've tried so far is fresh, delicious, and, most importantly, authentic. Good work, Shoya. Plan on seeing us a couple of times a month....at least.