“Hidden Gem”

Man Chun Hong
Ranked #26 of 68 Restaurants in Doraville
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Authentic Asian Cuisine! This place is great I have tried a number of dishes and they are all equally good.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We have been eating here for over 10 years and always had great food. The last few times the service as really not been up to par, especially if you are not Asian. You have to ask for things that are automatically given to other diners. The last time I was there two weeks ago was a nightmare! When we sat down there was only one other table and they had already been served. Our order was taken, and meanwhile two or three other tables came in and we noticed they were getting their food and we
weren't, also all of the servers were seated having their lunch when we finally asked the server from a distance and he muttered, "sh**", as he pulled the ticket out of his pocket, and promptly starts yelling at the kitchen staff to hurry! He comes over and announces they are making "fresh" noodles for us! So we wait another 15 minutes. Finally my order comes out, and I am immediately disappointed, the noodles weren't fresh and the sauce on the Jajangmyun was like something I could have made. My son got his Jambong and the same thing, soggy noodles and seafood that was tough. When I got to the register to pay, I was asked how the meal was? I said I think you know how it was, first we waited over 40 minutes to get the food with all the servers eating, and then the food was terrible, he said, I know, I know! Well if you know, Why in the world did you not do something, maybe an apology, a free meal, offer to come back free, anything at all. It was like yeah, yeah, what you gonna do, we don't need you! There are so many choices on Buford Hwy, I don't understand how they expect people to come back after a bad experience like this, especially when you know how long we have been coming there!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is the real deal for jjajangmyun / jangpong in Atlanta. I'm not Korean, but I've lived there and have an appreciation for the cuisine. The noodles are really fresh and you can see everything being made through a big window looking into the kitchen. Service is good and so are the prices.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I have eaten here so many times over the last 8 years or so and have never been disappointed. The noodles really shine! I love the Jajangmyun ( Noodles with black bean sauce), so, so good! Its not really spicy, just so savory and delish! I must say I was a little disappointed in the Jambong this time, not nearly as much seafood, but we did have the combination bowl One other disappointment I have noticed in the last 5-6 times, there were only two of us Americans at the table and we are only brought out Kimchi, no other starters like radishes or other things, which I love, and this time the service was very so,so, had to ask to place an additional order to go.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

The food was excellent, and the menu was more creative than most Chinese restaurants. Service was good and decor was nice. My wife prefers a more "divey" Chinese restaurant, but I thought it was just fine.

1  Thank JBSK89