“Amazing food!!!”

Description: szechuan style--opened 3 months ago
Duluth, GA
“Amazing food!!!”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

This is one of the hidden Gems in Atlanta. Food is amazing and very flavorful. We went there on Saturday night and there was a 30 mins wait but 30 mins wait was worth it. We ordered Cumin Lamb and Spicy boiled fish. both the items were very flavorful. Food is spicy (lots of chillis) but not overpowering other flavors. Service is good with smiling faces. Definitely will go back again soon.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank FunTourist

Atlanta, Georgia
“Best Chinese Restaurant in Metro Atlanta”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Our family and friends love this authentic Szechuan restaurant. The menu is varied and offers hot and spicy dishes. We enjoy the string bean, eggplant, and lotus root plates accompanying
the meat and fish entrees.

Worth your time to travel to Doraville, just outside the perimeter highway, to feast at Gu's.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Eve M
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great Szechuan Experience”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

My son and I went to Gu's Bistro for lunch. We both loved it. The restaurant was not very busy for a Tuesday. There were only four tables occupied. The restaurant is a bit dark in the inside but your eyes will adjust quickly! The atmosphere is pleasant. We ordered jasmine tea, ma po tofu and Szechuan chicken. The ma po tofu was spicy and delicious. The Szechuan chicken was also spicy and it had a slight smoky tasted. Both dishes were excellent. Lunch comes with soup. We ordered a hot and spicy and an egg drop soup. The soups are nothing special. The lunch menu is divided in two - an American Chinese menu and a Real Chinese menu. The ma po tofu was from the traditional Chinese menu. I am looking forward to eating there for dinner one weekend and try some of their dim sum menu. Their service was good. The waitress brought our food promptly and did not hesitate when we asked for forks. Also he warned us about the Szechuan chicken being spicy since this is what my ten year old son ordered. Good service which is rare in a Chinese restaurant!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Pickytraveler12344
“Spicy is nice!!!!”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The dumplings are to die for. The spicy eggplant is so delicious.
Can't wait to go back for more yummy treats.

• Visited January 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Food Can't Wait to go Back!”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Sometimes in this wonderful city it seems good Chinese food is hard to find. I know a few places I enjoy but more often than not walk away disappointed. Gu’s Bistro was not one of those experiences!
Just north of 285 on Buford hwy in a strip mall with plenty of parking Gu’s was mostly easy to find. GPS had us turn on McElroy road and if you do the same just know it is in the strip mall to the left after you turn. Parking was abundant and dress was casual. We arrived on Sunday around 6:30 and it was quite but by the time we left at 7:30 it had started to fill up.
The worst part about Gu’s is the menu. There is SO much to choose from. Thankfully we did a little research before I went to have an idea of what we wanted to try or it would have taken a long time to figure out what to order.
We went with some of the popular picks and decided to get two apps and a main dish and split all of them. I ordered warm tea which was okay at best. It was not steeped when it arrived but to the waiters credit he did tell us to let it sit a while. We ordered the Chengdu Style Cold Noodles, Zhong Style Dumplings, and Chongqing Spicy Chicken.
Yummy! It was all very tasty and spicy. A good spice nothing was too hot. After you swallowed and enjoyed the food you felt a hint of a heat sneak back in. The chicken was the spiciest but even it was not overly hot. The most challenging aspect of the dinner was eating it all with chopsticks. For me I’m okay with them but it was a fun challenge. I am sure if we asked the wait staff for forks they would happily have helped though.
The cold noodles were fantastic if you order them just mix them up some there is some great sauce that seeps to the bottom of the dish. The Zhong Dumplings were fantastic as well. I think I liked them more than the noodles. The spice chicken was actually our least favorite. They were little chicken bites with peppers. Tasty and hot for sure but not as delicious as the other offerings. I’m happy I tried it but with so much on the menu I’ll probably want to try another main dish when I return.
I mentioned the worst part about the experience was the expansive menu, but by the time we finished I knew the best part was the menu because there were so many other dishes I wanted to try when we returned. This was great Chinese food!

• Visited January 2014