“Dinner Stop”

Cupboard Cafe
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Dillard
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Deliciously Southern!! Fresh seasonal vegetables Yummy Fried Chicken, Grilled Mountain Trout Homemade Cakes and Pies Deli Sandwiches Freshly Brewed Iced Tea and Hot Coffee Handmade Fudge in assorted flavors, including sugar free Gift Shop for all ages
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We had dinner here Saturday, August 2nd after a very disappointing meal at the Dillard House on Friday evening. I must say the food here is of a higher standard than the Dillard House and at a much more reasonable price. The service was excellent and food was presented well. We ate here and had drinks for less than have the amount we paid for a meal the previous evening.

1  Thank Jim D

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Food was better quality than the Dillard House for 1/2 the price. The serving sizes were adequate. The apple pie was great. The service was average. I would eat here again if staying in Dillard.

1  Thank thatsthewayitis
Reviewed August 3, 2014

While on vacation, our truck broke down and we had it towed to Clayton, GA, very near Dillard. On the way back we stopped at the Cupboard Cafe for breakfast... expensive mistake.

I had two eggs over medium, bacon, and pancakes and coffee. The eggs were cooked perfectly, the bacon was OK, nothing special and a little chewy rather than the crispy I ordered, and the pancakes? OMG! They were so salty that I couldn't eat them. Coffee was OK.

My friend had scrambled eggs, sausage and pancakes and coffee. She didn't like the coffee at all, here eggs were rubbery, the pancakes were salty, and the sausage? Dry, dry, dry, and salty, salty salty. She complained about the horrible sausage and the waitress said, and I quote, 'It's local'.

I asked to speak to a manager but was told there was none there... really? No manager? This place is apparently running on auto-pilot; they need a manager just to control the SALT. Our check, with tax and tip, was a whopping $32!!!!! For breakfast, and a bad one at that.

Upon leaving I looked at the cars in the parking lot..NO GEORGIA PLATES; a bad sign when you realize that the locals are not having breakfast there.... and neither should you.

1  Thank Barb C
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

We love eating at this little restaurant. It has something on the menu for everyone. Friendly staff and cute gift shop also.

1  Thank Ashlee F
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We eat out breakfast in this area all the time, but this past weekend we had our family reunion in Dillard so we decided to try something a little out of our neck of the woods (8 miles away)! We are creatures of habit and we usually eat the same type of meal for breakfast, he gets a western omelette platter and I get French toast or pancakes with bacon, coffee and water......Uh hum.....nothing out standing great to make the breakfast at least 12.00 more than our usual breakfast stops down the road---- the breakfast at Granny's in Clayton is FAR better and $10 less! The server was exceptional and pleasant and the service itself was good. Most travelers are going to be satisfied with this place. Like an overpriced Cracker Barrel.