“Very poor service”
Review of Dillard House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dillard
Dillard House
Ranked #2 of 2 Dillard B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 11, 2007

My family has been staying here over the last several years; we have a family cemetary near by so this is usually hub central. This place has declined every year, mainly the service and attitude of the employees, which is hit and miss. But for normal Southern hospitality, they would be down right rude.

The accomadations are less than stellar, it's sort of like a cheap Motel in a nice location.

The food is good but how many times can you gorge on fried chicken and collard greens.

We are staying there again for another funeral and our group is about 25+ people requiring at least 12 rooms. They treated us like we are insignficant and they were not accomadating. Thank goodness one of the reservation gals was nice, otherwise I'd have nothing good to say about the Dillard House. I would boycott this place but unfortunately I am now dealing with "family tradition". Perhaps that's how they stay in business.

PP from Florida

6  Thank ppart1

Reviewed December 29, 2006

Arrived on time to claim our room. Was told our room was not ready and did not know when it would be ready. After thirty minutes when our room was still not ready, I asked to cancel my reservation. I was told I would be charged for one night although they could not, at that time, produce a room for me. I left the lobby at 3:25 to call my bank to stop the charge, and Dillard House had charged my card the full one-night at 3:35. Basically, they took my money without providing me a room, while I was on still on the property, having not signed any paperwork. Most hotels do not even run your credit card until checkout, but that is not what happened here. It was very clear above all Dillard House wanted my money even more than customer satisfaction. Don't do business with these people.

Stayed: November 2006
6  Thank smile20
Reviewed October 26, 2006

Anyone who complains about the Dillard House Restaurant and their food should remember - do not stay or eat here if you do not like typical, delicious Southern food. If you are from the Big City this place might not be for you. If you talk on a cell phone 24/7 and your idea of a good time is tons of noise and obnoxious people, this place is not for you. If you are SO picky that a spider in the bathroom will put you off a place, then for heaven's sake, STAY IN THE CITY and don't come here and spoil it for others who love this place!!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank naturelover50
Reviewed October 22, 2006

We were surprised by the size and quality of the facility. You can't beat the views, especially during Fall! The room is huge, very clean, modern, ours had both a bathtub and a shower! Internet is a tad challenging but that could have been my laptop. We did get it working though. This is no $59.99 Best Western - the price is more than double for our large room, but cheap to us when you consider the view and quality. No hotel is perfect, and somoone will find something to complain about at every hotel. But this is a good stop folks. A very good spot!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 5, 2006

This was our second stay and we were a little disapointed.
The air conditioner in our room was covered in dust and grime. The food in the restaurant was not good either. The first visit we had there was a great experience but the second was totally different.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sjpepper
Reviewed September 7, 2006

My wife and I have stayed at Dillard House Chalets on several occasions over the years, three times in the last 1 1/2 years. Every time we have thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The mountain views are gorgeous. Each chalet is different. I would highly recommend chalet #14, an original farm house from late 1800s I believe, with horses in the fields adjacent to it. We have never had the leaking or mice problems others mentioned. The units are basic and not the fanciest and sometimes are not real well maintained, but they are clean, spacious and a great get a way. Add to that the tennis courts, pool, pond and on week ends, continental breakfast, it is quite nice place to stay. We have already booked it twice for next year.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with friends
2  Thank LarboDad
Reviewed September 1, 2006

My wife and I took our children to the Dillard House for a family weekend and had the best time. The rooms were so spacious and clean! We were suprised by the marble bath rooms and terrific mountian view. Dillard is central located to many activities and we enjoyed rafting, visiting Tallulah Gorge and the Great Smokey mountian railway. My children loved riding the horses at the Dillard House and fishing in the trout pond. The food lived up to its' reputation.
Bill Jones, Atlanta GA.

Stayed: August 2006
3  Thank lakerabun
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dillard
Knights Inn Dillard
#1 of 3 in Dillard
Days Inn Clayton
Days Inn Clayton
#3 of 3 in Clayton

Been to Dillard House? Share your experiences!