All reviewspetting zoofamily styleall you can eatrocking chairshorseback ridingback porchsouthern cookingvalley viewsliding glass doorblue ridgecountry hamhorse pastureget awaythe north georgia mountainsfriesstablesmeadows
Reviewed April 3, 2016

We stayed in the Old Rock House, at a very reasonable rate. Our second floor room had a beautiful view of the mountains, although it was so small it could barely contain a queen size bed. I had to sit in the walkin closet to read. Bed comfortable and furnishings historic. It was very quiet.

Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ray M
Reviewed March 31, 2016 via mobile

We've actually stayed at the Dillard House a few times and I've always had a good experience with everything. This time was a little different. Every time we've stayed before we've always been in the Meadows. This time we were in the Blue Ridge. When we walked in the room it was very old musty smelling. Everything was clean but it took a while to get past the smell. Then the bed I slept on was awful. I tossed all night. The mattress was incredibly old and worn down. I've not had either of these issues when we stayed in the Meadows. I will definitely be requesting a room there next time! Besides those couple of issues we had a great stay! The grounds are beautiful and amazing! Be sure to get out and walk around!

Reviewed March 23, 2016 via mobile

The pillows are amazing. Marble floor in bathroom cold. Lots of space. Great bed. Never slept so good. Perfect. Wonderful surroundings. Great view. Could use some updating outside. Vent was falling off but porch was great with rocking chairs. Stream view and had snowed the night before. We had breakfast the next morning. Service was wonderful but the food was not worth the money. Few selections, a bit cold, tough, eggs were good but the rest not what I remember. The food might be better when restaurant has more patrons but this was off season so really off. Will definitely go back though. Hotel was great.

Reviewed March 13, 2016

The location has a gorgeous mountain look in the morning with the steam coming off of it the staff were super kind in the giftshop. The decor on the outside and inside was pretty . The variety of Foods is great .

Room Tip: Rooms in the Rock House are very quiet
  • Stayed: October 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2016

My family and I stopped by The Dillard House last weekend while traveling through that town and we decided to try this restaurant. After spending $80 we left there hungry and absolutely unsatisfied with the service and terrible food. The only thing that was good was the chicken the rest of it was unseasoned and tasted canned. Our waitress was okay but the lady who greets you at the door was unfriendly and so were the rest of the staff we encountered. The prices are ridiculous for the type of food you get.

3  Thank Tina H