“Great Place To Stay”
Review of Dillard House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dillard
Dillard House
Ranked #2 of 2 Dillard B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 25, 2009

I came to town on Business and was scheduled to stay somewhere else but when I saw the cottages at the Dillard House I knew I was going to change my reservation.
We stayed at the Eddie cottage which was 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, a nice size Kitchen and a HOT TUB. It was so nice ot be travelling for work and feeling like you were in a home not jsut another hotel room. It AMAZED me that they come to clean the cottages and chalets every day, even washing your dishes if you leave them in the sink. When we called teh front desk they were prompt in answering our request for an Iron. I had a great stay there and would recommend that Anyone who wants a home away form home feeling to stay there. We also looked at the Chalets and they are HUGE and hold way more people than the number it says on the website. :)

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank travelingal129

Reviewed March 23, 2009

We stayed March 21 and were very disappointed in the room and breakfast. When making the reservation, I was looking online at the pictures and requested a full bathroom,and was told that was what we were getting, so I assumed it was the one pictured. Our room was located behind the lodge in the roadside-motel-like structures and wasn't the bathroom on the website. The room also looked much cleaner in the pictures. The room was moldy smelling and very dark - ceilings need to be painted and better lighting installed. The breakfast was really too much food for two people, and everything was brought out at once in small bowls and went cold quickly. I had read online that presidents have stayed here, but we wouldn't recommend it.

1  Thank spitts
Reviewed March 19, 2009

If you're at all familiar with the gear required for triathlons then you understand how much space it requires. For those who aren't each athlete has at least three bags, plus a bike. Our room at Dillard house had more than enough space for the gear of three triathletes plus five day's food (the spacious fridge and microwave accommodated this). The staff helped us to find training facilities in the area which was no simple task, and were flexible when we required an extra night in our room.

I would highly recommend the Dillard house to anyone traveling to or through the Dillard/Rabun Gap area. The staff are extremely kind and they maintain the facilities in exceptional condition

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank triscott
Reviewed March 9, 2009

My girlfriend and I live in Atlanta and thought at the last minute this would be a nice little getaway. The Dillard House customer service was great, they advised us that our chalet hot tub was not working and gave us one of the newer ones (#25). As other reviews has stated that it was 2 miles from the office once you enter the village there is a gravel road you have to travel but beware of other cars using this road beacause it being so narrow. The chalet was nice 4 bedroom and 3 full baths, full kitchen, fireplace with plenty of wood outside. The food was not all that great (breakfeast), you sit down and instead of ordering they give you 6-10 plates of small dishes ex eggs, bacon, pork tenderloin, grits, and etc. If you want more just tell them. Also they had a fruit bar with pastries that was really good. All and all this was a good stay and would be back.

Reviewed March 6, 2009

My husband and I were snowed in in NC/SC last weekend and couldn't get home to FL due to cancelled flights. So, last minute, we decided to stay at the Dillard House. I have eaten here before and my parents have stayed here several times. I love the food, I even have the cookbook (which I highly recommend if you love Southern Style food- they cook it just the way my grandparents did!!). We stayed in chalet 24, which was amazing! It had everything we needed! It also had a jacuzzi and a fireplace. The chalet had wrap around porches and was set beautifully in the woods. It was very clean and the people working there were very nice. We are thinking about coming back for the summer for a few days to enjoy all the amenities they have there! Thanks for a great time!

1  Thank lw1284
Reviewed February 25, 2009

This was planned as a Valentine get away and it was perfect. We had a fireplace suite and were able to sit by the fire in the evening and just relax. The suite was perfect except my husband did say the bathroom could have been a bit warmer. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud and the view outside the sitting room towards the mountains was great. I have stayed there before but not in one of the suites.
I can't wait to take my daughter there for a girls weekend horseback riding.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Falinesmom
Reviewed February 24, 2009

We decided to go for a weekend away to the mountains and stay at the Dillard House. The room was nice, the beds were comfortable. They had rocking chairs for you to sit and enjoy the view. They have a petting zoo which my 2 yr old loved. The only complaint is the faucet on the bathroom sink was broken. It could still be used but just would not turn off completely.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank robin816
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dillard
Knights Inn Dillard
#1 of 3 in Dillard
Days Inn Clayton
Days Inn Clayton
#3 of 3 in Clayton

Been to Dillard House? Share your experiences!