“Incorrect reservation and a terrible way to wake up” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dillard House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dillard
Dillard House
Ranked #2 of 2 Dillard B&B and Inns
“Incorrect reservation and a terrible way to wake up”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Could not believe that at 7 am some guy was outside the room with a blower doing landscape. What a terrible way to wake up in the mountains. Have been here before and specified the room. Well when we got here they had made a mistake and too bad they could not fix it. Came with my family, but personally will find another place next time. Too many to chose from.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Rocksoldier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

After some confusion on our reservation, they really made our stay great. We stayed with another couple in Eddie's cabin. It's a perfect weekend getaway cabin to share with friends with a hot tub and fantastic proximity to the dining hall (est 100 feet).

This was my first visit and my wife's 4th. She raved about the food for years and I have to admit that it was ok. I love the family style, but the presentation felt like I was one of the herd. The staff wasn't vocal, just the basics. The food is brought out and set on the table without any explanation or information. They could make a better impact by presenting the food with helpful & interesting facts like most of the items were locally grown/produced. The food was great especially the fried Okra. It did have a musty smell coming from the carpet. I think a hardwood floor renovation would be a tremendous upgrade.

I read the good & bad reviews, so the best advice I can give other travelers is do your homework and know what you're getting. Go if you are looking for a relaxing place with older décor, great southern food/hospitality & great views. Don't if you're looking for 5 star, white glove pampering.

I gave it a very good rating due to the confusion on the reservation, but the other items are worth it. The front desk manager more than made up for it. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Check out all the pictures posted on the reviews and know what you want before you reserve. This is...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MichaelK614
Inverness, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Took a 4 day getaway the end of July with my wife, myself and a friend of ours. Had heard rave reviews of the Dillard House for an excellent meal and decided to try stay at on of the chalets as part of our trip. Made reservations for number 16. Having read both good and bad reviews, I decided to call first and make sure the place was going to be clean. Was told the chalets were "rustic" but very clean. Quite a musty odor as soon as you opened the door. Opened the window on the loft bedroom and closed it right back up. No screen on one of the windows and both of them were COVERED with spiders, bugs and other crud. There was absolutely NO view from anywhere around the chalet. The deck had cigarette butts all over the railing. The cover to the old outdoor grill came off when I lifted it to bbq. Half of the lamps in the unit had burned out bulbs. There was only a pedestal sink in the master bedroom) and no place to put toiletries except on the dresser next to the big ol' TV. You had to step over the corner over the hot tub cover to get into the tiny bathroom. The hot tub faucet could not be shut off tightly so it dripped all night. The silverware in the kitchen was a joke. A spork from KFC would have worked better and been better quality. Overall, not at all impressed and will not be wasting our money to go back there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Doug C

Travelers are raving about these Dillard hotels

Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I spent our 21st anniversary at the Dillard House, and it didn't disappoint. We had a beautiful fireplace room, with a beautiful view. The living room had a sliding glass door that went out to a balcony that had two rocking chairs that welcomed us. Their is a restaurant on site that has the most wonderful food. All of the food is made from scratch, and bought or grown locally. This retreat was certainly the most relaxing vacation that we ever had. There are many attractions and small town to visit, and if antiques are your thing, there are plenty to visit.

Room Tip: Many different rooms available, including chalets for families.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Ellenton, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

A beautiful place closed to the Chattogga River, a relaxed place for lovers with plenty of food, however the majority of the food is fried (and meat). I enjoyed very much the grounds as they have a pool, jacuzzi, pet/zoo area and winery.

Room Tip: The rooms are very big and beds are absolutely like sleeping on a cloud - my children think it was t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 43andcounting
Cumming, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We spent a lovely night at the Dillard house In Dillard Georgia. We were pleasantly surprised at the nice room and thoroughly enjoyed the rocking chairs on the patio while we watched the horses, riders and the beautiful mountain view. It had been a long time since I heard a rooster crow.

And the food? - Oh my. A southerner's dream come true! The best blackberry cobbler I have ever eaten!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Took my wife up to hopefully have a nice getaway weekend. So we rented one of their chalets. I checked the mixed reviews and thought oh well maybe some the bad reviews were just exceptions. The chalet that they gave us had mold and mildew growing all over the base of the back door which had been busted as you could see daylight. The integrity of the bottom part of the door was rotten. The outdated green carpet reaked with a musty moldy smell from stains on it. Not to mention the torn screens and busted glass in the window. For $257 per night I really expected a clean place to lay my head down. We drove several hours to get there. I spoke with a girl there named Ashland and she claimed she would send maintanece up there. I asked if they knew about the issues and she said no.. I don't know how you would not know about these issues I thought. She sent a guy up there and he called the owner and the owner refused to speak with me on their cell phone and has yet to call me. However the guy said they would call me shortly. Finally at dinner in town we got a call at 930pm offering us a different chalet for just 1 night. So we went to check it out. It too was very musty and appeared to have mold growing by the door there on the sheetrock wall as well. It looked very run down just as the previous unit was. Both units had actual outdoor hot tubs inside that had a nice aroma of bromide. In the rooms next to the bedroom. By now it is 10pm and dark. My wife didn't feel safe since we brought the attention to the staff that we were not happy. They refused to refund any money. We left and found a roadside motel to stay inn. I called them on Sunday and left another message asking for a refund before I posted this. WE have not gotten a return call from management. They obviously don't care. Attached are photos so you can actually see what the place looked like for $257 per night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CCrew01
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dillard
Gateway Inn & Suites
#2 of 7 in Highlands
Rabun Manor
Rabun Manor
#1 of 2 in Dillard

Been to Dillard House? Share your experiences!