“great great great place to eat”
Review of Dillard House

Dillard House
Ranked #7 of 17 Restaurants in Dillard
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Description: The Dillard House offers a Family Style dinning experience!
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I love the food, the service and the staff was great. There is not really anything about this place that i dont like about it. It is my most favorite place to go.l

1  Thank Robinbb
Write a ReviewReviews (1,012)

Reviewed December 13, 2012

My wife and I stopped for supper several weeks ago on a Tuesday night. We were seated and a waitress asked for our drink order which was ice tea. Fifteen minutes later we had no tea nor had the waitress returned. There were only six tables of people in the entire restaurant and I saw our waitress help sing Happy Birthday at one table and bring refills to another. I asked my wife if we should just go up the highway and get barbeque. We waited a couple more minutes and then told both the person who seated us and the girl at the cash register we were leaving because of no service. Neither offered to help or even said they were sorry.

When I got home that night, I sent an email to the contact us on the Dillard House website. Well, with no word back on Friday, I sent another saying our would post my experience on Trip Advisor if I didn't hear from them. Within an hour I got an email saying that they are a locally owned business hiring locals. The email then said for me to go ahead and post on Trip Advisor if it made me feel better and ended with bold letters saying So (I can't print this word that sounds like luck) You. I have never gotten anything like that from anyone in business. I did stop in Dillard and showed a copy of the email to a local policeman and he confirmed the name on the email as being with the Dillard House. He added he wasn't surprised with the response and said he doesn't eat there.

I was not going to post this but today I got an email from Trip Advisor recommending the Dillard House. I couldn't let that go.

6  Thank Jim C
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The Dillard House has long been known for its family style restaurant, but did you know that they have a banquet facility "out back"? Last Friday evening, they served over 350 attendees at the Georgia Mountains Regional Commission's Annual meeting like it was a "little cookout"! If you ever need a banquet sized meal, I highly recommend The Dillard House's banquet facility.
Chairman, Ga. Mountains Regional Commission.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We have been to The Dillard House twice now (both times for Sunday Lunch). The food is always delicious and plentiful. Service was friendly and and the food and drinks were brought quickly. At 1 pm we only had a 10 min wait for our party of 6. Today the menu consisted of Southern Fried Chicken, Honey Ham, Country Fried Steak, rice and gravy, cabbage casserole, creamed cauliflower, green beans, lima beans, glazed carrots, fried okra, creamed corn, dressing, coleslaw, waldorf salad, corn muffins, cheddar biscuits, yeast rolls, acorn squash casserole, and blackberry cobbler a la mode. We had an insane amount of food on the table and the kids easily found foods that they enjoyed. Sweet Tea was great as well. We had another great experience at the Dillard House.

For 2 adults, 1 young adult, and 3 kids our bill (pre-tip) was $97.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

As all the good reviews state...plentiful and tasty comfort food served by a friendly and attentive staff. Ham, squash casserole, black eyed peas, chow chow, and black berry cobbler were especially tasty.