“Good... but not spectacular”

Tomlin ​ BBQ & Catering
Ranked #10 of 17 Restaurants in Dillard
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Part of Osage produce stand on HGWY 441
Jesup, Georgia
“Good... but not spectacular”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

We recently bought some BBQ from Tomlin's. It was very good. We had the pulled pork. It was very clean meat - no fat - and well cooked. However, after reading the reviews I expected something out of the world. It was good barbeque but not anything really special. We did not buy a "meal" as we were not going to eat right then, but we got the meat to eat later. Maybe we missed something by not buying it hot and eating it on the premises. We also did not have any sides. I do like their vinegar sauce. I purchased the vinegar sauce and they gave me two cups to try the other sauces. The apple bourbon was also good. Be aware that the hot is HOT! I found that the prices were good. Their hours are VERY limited so check before you go. On a side note, the produce market where they are located is very good!
I would definitely eat here again, but with more realistic expectations :).

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank gmaj_05

“Awesome food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

In the area and read about this place on trip advisor. Had my reserves about it being a road side bbq. But of course trip advisor was right again. If you want good food I suggest this place.

2 Thank Trent O
Clayton, Georgia
“Love!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

Most awesome ribs I've tasted!!! Great food and wonderful owners! Definitely worth the stop for a taste!! :)

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Rachel B
Clayton, Georgia
“consistently good at TOMLIN'S”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

The owners are on scene and do all the cooking. The food is excellent. I love the chicken thighs and the Brunswick stew. When mac and cheese is available do not miss it. It is better than your mothers! Seasonal fresh fruit milkshakes!! Pumpkin cheesecake made with heirloom pumpkins from Osage Market!! open 10-4:30 Fri, Sat & Sun only

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank hillbilly f
Dillard, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Tomlin's has the best BBQ anywhere, ever. We've had them cater 2 parties and everyone loved the food.

• Visited May 2014