“Very Nice”

Gateway Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Dillard
Reviewed June 30, 2009

Great rooms, comfy bed, good service -- I think the property was recently renovated -- the furniture was all modern, granite sink surrounds, very nice for a budget/mid-priced hotel. Not much around this area but the front desk agent's recommendation of Cupboard Cafe for dinner was a good one (lots of simply good southern food -- not greasy or generic sysco tasting). Didn't go to the pool or hot tub but they both looked pretty small. The Wi-fi in my room was really spotty.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 7, 2008

We just returned home today and had a wonderful stay at this hotel. We took the grandkids to Polar Express in Bryson City NC. and decided to stay in Dillard GA. It was only a 45 minute drive.The front desk staff give us incredible service and the pool was warm and wonderful and the breakfast could not of been better at a hotel. The room was clean and we had great houskeeping service . Great place to stay with small children.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2008

Stay away from this one rooms was moldy refrig. was dirty Coffee pot was dirty. Rates are too high and management was rude when you complain..The manager acted like you was lying when you complain. would not even reduce rate. Never again at this dumb.Went to the pool and you could see the dirt in the bottom of the pool . The towels out for the pool dirty and stained and big holes in them. As much as they charge they should have better stuff. Breakroom food was slow getting out and my opinon was nasty. Breakfast room not cleaned very good. Take some good advice dont stay there.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank studmuffinjody
Reviewed August 5, 2008

This is a nice, clean property, but while the staff was efficient some of them weren't very warm. The indoor pool is nice, but because of the high ceiling, the space seems noisy if kids are playing. The whirlpool is VERY difficult to get into. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable, but the decor seemed sparse and plain, but who cares when you're just spending the night. The breakfast room is small, but the food was good. This is a good overnight kind of place, not a stay-over sort. As HI Expresses go it was OK, but not as outstanding as some of the ones I've been in lately. A good place to stay if you're passing through for one night. BTW, there was a great mountain view out the window, but the window was so dirty on the outside you couldn't really enjoy the scenery.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2008

My husband and I stopped here on our honeymoon. We didn't exacty know where we were going, but we knew we wanted to go to the beach. We ended up in Dillard late that night and he remembered the Dillard House was great. We stopped here and loved it!!!! We had a regular room and I was so at home in Dillard and at this hotel. We enjoyed our night there and had a great time in the pool, then we hit the road to our honeymoon destination. We drove to Tybee and stayed for several days, but my husband knew how much I loved that stay in Dillard at this hotel so he snuck out one night and booked us for another night at Dillard. IN A JACUZZI SUITE!!! We went, ate at the dillard house again, and I even talked him into staying one extra night. Couldn't have asked for a better trip or a better hotel. Definitely give it a try, the staff was kind, the food was good, it was comfortable and clean... I want to go back!!!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2008

We stopped at the Holiday Inn Express on our way to Gatlinburg TN. I had heard it was a nice, clean hotel and I was not dissappointed. Check in was quick and easy. The room seemed large for a hotel room. It was very clean, looked like it had been recently remodeled. I had the best night's sleep in this hotel that I have ever had in a hotel. I will be stopping there again on my next vacation.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2008

I found incredible value for first rate accommodations here. I was very pleased. This property is in tip top shape with a warm lobby, public computer access (and free wireless), a clean pool and hot tub, a full complimentary breakfast bar (with flat screen TV), and comfortable rooms with all the trimmings. The staff was polite and consistently helpful. And the hotel is conveniently located within short driving distance from several local attractions, like the Dillard House restaurant, Tallulah Gorge, and Scaly Mountain snow tubing. I would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dillard
Knights Inn Dillard
#3 of 3 in Clayton
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 12 in Franklin

Been to Gateway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!