“No Holiday at the holidayinn express”

Gateway Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Dillard
Walt Disney World, Florida
“No Holiday at the holidayinn express”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

First I thought the rate was kind of high $139. plus a night, but ok every where else was booked . First the carpets really needed to be renewed the were dirty and smelly, the room was a what shall I say in need of a make over, we had a jetted tube , turned the water on to fill, well the smell that came out of the faucet was gross , then the color started the tub was a brown as watery milk chocolate, went to the desk and they told my wife the water is ok it's well water, it's tested every month and you can drink it. I wouldn't let my dog drink that stuff. We used baby wipes for a bird bath and bottled water to brush our teeth , we planned and PAID for 3 nights but could only stand 2 we left.

Room Tip: Do not request Rm 222
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kellygrandpa
Eve B, Front Office Manager at Gateway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am diappointed to read that your experience was not what you expected. I sincerely apologize for the dissatisfaction you had with the hot tub and for the inconvenitence and discomfort it caused during your stay. We deeply regret the negative experience and impressions you had during your stay. I assure you, your feedback of our hotel will reviewed and most certainely forwarded to appropriate departments.
Sincerely Eve B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed overnight on our way elsewhere. Okay motel, exactly what one expects from a Holiday Inn Express in a small town, but nothing more. But, we left an item in our room. The front desk called and left a message about it before we even knew that the item was forgotten. Since it could not be mailed, we took that same route coming home, and the item was waiting for us, looking exactly as it did when we left home. We can't thank Melodie enough!

1 Thank nannybug17
Varnell, Georgia, United States
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is an average hotel. Nothing to write home about. The breakfast was okay but lacked in many ways. The rooms are very old looking and worn. The air conditioning needs to be replaced. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Stephen S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Gateway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Stephen S,

Thank your taking the time to write a review regarding your stay. I am pleased that you found our staff to be friendly.

On the other hand, I sincerely apologize for we fell below your expectations on the room condition and breakfast choices. Kindly be assured that we take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable accommodations.

Your feedback is indeed of utmost importance to us and rest assured that actions will be taken to ensure our guests continue to enjoy superlative levels of service, comfort & security that they expect when staying at our hotel. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed here and had a pleasant time. The staff is very friendly and goes above and beyond to make your stay enjoyable. We stayed over the weekend and the hotel was packed. The woman at the front desk was always smiling and ready to help people no matter what time they came down. Our room was clean and the bed was great. Was a little worried due to negative reviews on here, but we did not experience any yellow water or smoke smell and we were on the first floor. Would definantly stay here again when we come through.

Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The bad reviews seemed to come in after I made my reservation at this hotel. From the pervasive cigarette smell that overwhelms you upon entering the hotel, to the raggedy towels, and the brownish water in all the bathroom fixtures, this place was disgusting. It should in no way bill itself as nonsmoking. The staff and many guests congregate right under the front portico and smoke. The first floor room we were given was so stinky with the odors of smokers past, that we had our asthmatic child stay on the second floor with my mother where it wasn't so bad. We were given 2 towels for 4 people, and one was full of holes. The water in the bathroom ran brown for our entire visit. The bathroom tiles were full of dirt and mold. The walls were dirty where things had been spilled and thrown against them and not cleaned. The wall paper was cut and pasted in strange pieces. The staff wouldn't move us, and the manager is dodging my calls. If it were possible to give it a lower rating, I would. Holiday Inn should remove their name from such a place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Tarheelsathome
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Gateway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Tarheelsathome,

Thank you for your review. All our guest comments are valuable and we consider them seriously in the consistent endeavor to improve the quality of our products and service.

We are saddened to hear of your encounters in our hotel and would like to extend our sincere apologies for the dissatisfaction you had with our level of cleanliness and sorry that we fell below your expectations with regard to the room condition. We regret that your experience with us was not ideal and for the lapse in service during your stay.

We appreciate your feedback as this allows us to assess where we have opportunities to make improvements. Rest assured we will make necessary improvements accordingly. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future so we can restore your faith in us.

IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Dillard hotels

White Springs, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The first floor still smells like smoke. Shower would not drain. Staff was nice though! Location was great. Pool was nice. Breakfast was not that wonderful. Staff did give me a can of disinfectant spray for the smoke smell. Must have been an older smoking motel. Other friends on the second floor said there were no odor.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kim E
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Gateway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear Kim E,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. I am pleased you found our location to be convenient and our staff delivered at par customer service. However, I sincerely regret that the room you were given was a disappointment. Your comments will be used to consider for upgrades needed.

Regards,

Pam G
Griffin, Georgia
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stopped by and reserved a room prior to eating at the Dillard House. While we were hesitant to stay in a Holiday Inn, we recently stayed in a Holiday Inn in Dothan, AL, and had a great experience. We were told there were two types of rooms available - regular ($99) and hot tub ($149). My wife and I chose the hot tub room, brought in our bags, and took a nap before dinner. The room, while it was marked "non-smoking" smelled as though it had been recently smoked in. We always use the in-room coffee makers, so I investigated the coffee situation and noticed that the bag of regular coffee we had been provided had been cut open and emptied. I assume the staff overlooked this when cleaning the room. The person at the front desk provided us more coffee, so that was not a biggie.

After visiting the Dillard House, we came back to the room and drew a bath. We didn't notice at first, but the after hopping in the hot tub, we found ourselves surrounded by a weird yellow foam. Freaked out, we got out of the tub and tried to call the front desk. Our phone was dead. After getting in the shower, my wife went down to the front desk and was told the phones had been struck by lightning several weeks before and some rooms hadn't been fixed yet. We were rather put off that we were not told this upfront, since neither of our cell phones had service in the mountains. The front desk told us the hotel was on well water and to run the hot tub for 5-6 minutes, and then fill it up to alleviate the foam issue. We said "okay" and agreed to try it in the morning. I should also note that the water in the shower had a very strong smell of rust.

The next morning I ran the water for a good 10 minutes before putting in the stopper. The pictures in this review can give you an idea of the color of the water. Needless to say, we did not get back in. I drained the tub, and you'll notice that the residue leftover. Completely disgusting. Also in the pictures, I noted the fire alarm dangling from the wall. Not a major issue (assuming it actually functioned) but still something minor that you would not expect to see.

I'm writing this review the day after we left the hotel. I called the corporate support number on the Holiday Inn website and shared this info with the rep. They offered a $60 check to compensate. My wife and I are not hotel snobs, and are really easy to please, but I felt this experience needed to be shared. The staff, the breakfast and the location were all great, but the minor and major items the staff overlooked during our stay really make me wonder what I didn't see.

4 Thank Garrett842013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Gateway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Garrett842013,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. We welcome feedback as it assists us in our never-ending task to better ourselves and improve things for our guests.

I am disappointed to read that your experience was not what you expected. I sincerely apologize for the dissatisfaction you had with the hot tub and for the inconvenience this has caused you. We deeply regret the negative experience and impressions you may have had.

IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dillard
Mountain Valley Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley
Quality Inn & Suites Mt. Chalet
Skyline Lodge and Restaurant

Been to Gateway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!