“Great hotel, great price”

Gateway Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Dillard
Reviewed June 1, 2008

We stopped at the Holiday Inn Express on our way to Gatlinburg TN. I had heard it was a nice, clean hotel and I was not dissappointed. Check in was quick and easy. The room seemed large for a hotel room. It was very clean, looked like it had been recently remodeled. I had the best night's sleep in this hotel that I have ever had in a hotel. I will be stopping there again on my next vacation.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Gateway Inn & Suites

Reviewed January 28, 2008

I found incredible value for first rate accommodations here. I was very pleased. This property is in tip top shape with a warm lobby, public computer access (and free wireless), a clean pool and hot tub, a full complimentary breakfast bar (with flat screen TV), and comfortable rooms with all the trimmings. The staff was polite and consistently helpful. And the hotel is conveniently located within short driving distance from several local attractions, like the Dillard House restaurant, Tallulah Gorge, and Scaly Mountain snow tubing. I would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 5, 2008

Great value. Small, quaint hotel (though a franchise) that is clean and provides the basic amenities.

Yes, the property is a bit older but so is everything in this mountain town. Compared to other places we've stayed, dined, visited...this gets an A for cleanliness and A+ for helpful, kind staff.

We paid $89 and that is a fair price for the area and accommodations. We stayed on the first floor. We were able to check in 2 hours early because of few reservations. That was a lifesaver after snow tubing and with kids.

Location is super and easy to find. Only a few minutes from Mount Scaly where we went snow tubing. Yeeehaw, lots of fun and not too exhausting for moms and days. A cheap day of thrills, no doubt.

We ate at Cupboard Cafe-- A++ See my other review on their listing. Again, most small mountain towns don't offer a huge variety of quality estabilishments but we hit the nail on the head with this trip.

If you're traveling with kids, THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU! The pool is indoor, heated (really heated!) and there is a small spa. They even offered fruit and cookies throughout the day for post-swimming munchkins.

I noticed some poor reviews. Please keep in mind, this is a Holiday Inn...and an Express location. This is not the Ritz or Hilton. As far as Holiday Inns go, well done.

Recommend. Harmony

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank HarmSock
Reviewed September 3, 2007

We were greeted by a very friendly clerk who seemed truly interested in making our stay comfortable. She gave a thorough explanation of where to find vending machines, entrances, pool, etc. The room was a standard hotel room. It was clean and the beds were comfortable. An added bonus was the computer in the lobby. I was able to check my email and find information on the surrounding area. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank kaye123
Reviewed August 10, 2007

My husband and I decided to visit Dillard because my maiden name is Dillard and I thought it would be fun to check out the town on our way to Atlanta. What a mistake we made staying at this DUMP. The beds were so awful and the bedding was very old. Our room smelled like mildew and urine. The shower was had mildew and there was broken tile. The shower cutain was so dirty that I could not take a shower. We asked to be moved, but they were full. It was impossible for us to get a decent nights rest so we checked out and drove to Franklin. I am shocked that this hotel is a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nataliedillardcross
Reviewed August 5, 2007

I'll keep this review short. We just wanted a place to sleep on our way to see Thomas the Train in Dillsboro so we picked this hotel based on past experiences with Hoilday Inn Expresses.

There's not much to say other than the hotel is very easy to find, the staff was friendly at check-in, and the rooms were clean enough to be new. So if you want a place to spend the night thats reasonable and clean, look no further.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2007

After having a great stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Flat Rock, NC the night before, I was looking forward to tonight's stay in Dillard, GA. Had read good reviews on this one, but cannot agree with them. Hotel appeared to have been recently renovated with new bedding and carpet. Requested room NOT be near elevator or stairs at check in. Not only was it beside the stairs AND elevator, it was also next to the extremely noisy ice machine. Changed rooms. Second room was a better location, but smelled as if something was dead in it. Changed rooms. Third room had faint smell of moth balls, which I masked with my trustly can of Lysol. Plugged in my air purifier and all was ok. Microwave was nasty, but since I did not plan to use it, no problem. Was too tired to change rooms again. Real surprise came when I showered and could not find a clean towel. All had some yellow crusty spots on them. Mom went to the car and brought in a roll of paper towels so I could dry myself. Not a happy camper. Corporate will definitely hear about this one.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank Tarheel02
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dillard
Mountain Valley Inn
Skyline Lodge and Restaurant
Days Inn Clayton
Days Inn Clayton
#3 of 3 in Clayton

Been to Gateway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!