WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Dillard
Atlanta, Georgia
“Exceeded My Expectations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I was very pleased with my accommodations. I stayed for 2 nights as I was enjoying some of the local state and federal parks/lands. It is the winter season so not many guests this time of year, and it was pretty quiet. I was on the first floor so could hear every footstep above my room; not sure how that could be improved. The room was very clean, but could use updating. Internet connection was good. I liked the flat screen TV, fridge, and microwave. The hotel also has an indoor pool and jacuzzi; nice. The breakfast room is well designed, a separate dining room with a wall mounted TV. The breakfast is above average and was well stocked. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Woodstock, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

My wife, daughter and I visited here in Mid-October and enjoyed our experience. The rooms are clean and appear to be new; the beds were plush and comfortable and the room itself was very spacious! Also this Holiday Inn Express is located near various attractions in Dillard, GA and Highlands, NC. The customer service was very good also; we had a pleasant vacation and it was money well spent!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Adrian
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

It was about what I expect from Holiday Inn Express. The place was clean but worn. It definitely has some age. The bed was completely wore out, and if it had been a horse, it should have been put out of its misery. We were just passing through and called late night and got a room. The check-in person was very helpful, very kind and very nice. It was comforting after a long trip. The breakfast was OK and satisfying; the omelet was acceptable but I eat most anything. My wife didn't care for the breakfast. The price was very high considering the age but it is in north Georgia and we were there during the high season of the fall foliage. I'm would not plan a trip back but would stay again out of desperation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a good/new bed.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Neutral Bay, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed here for one night after visiting the Smoky Mountains en-route to Atlanta.
We were a little disappointed with this hotel after staying at several HI Express properties throughout our trip. We felt it fell below average, upon arriving in the room it had a strong musty smell and it was hot! We quickly turned on the Air Conditioning and sprayed some perfume around it either killed the smell or we got used to it.
The carpet felt dirty I made sure I wore my thongs (flip flops) around at all times.
We had a comfortable sleep, the breakfast was HI Express standard and the free wi-fi was good too.
We wouldn't stay here again and would choose somewhere else next time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Gateway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear eeliechick,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are glad you had a comfortable sleep and you were satisfied with the breakfast and WIFI. I sincerely apologize for the experience you had with your room accommodations. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually. We would welcome the opportunity to serve you again.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Dillard hotels

Smyrna, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Clean and comfy rooms, friendly front desk staff, and good, hot breakfast. I stayed here for two weeks on business and loved it. The front desk associates told us the best places to dine and to visit for fun. Will definitely stay here again on my next trip to Rabun County.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

We were disappointed in this Holiday Inn Express. Shabby all the way. No automatic doors, elevator is not conveniently located, rooms are small, no AC on when we arrived, took 3hours to cool down. Minimum towels. old pillows smelled. Reminded me of a poorly operated
MicroTel. Tv worked great as did the Internet connection. Great restaurant nearby: country cupboard. Great fried chicken unspiced. wine service too. I had to say something nice...... Franklin, NC, is close by ,10 miles, and offers more and better choices. We made a big mistake and it was too late to move on. If in Franklin,eat at Rel's. Wonderful but no credit cards. We had to stay here because the power was off at our nearby home or I never would have picked this place. Grubby...and very dated. Poorly managed.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Gateway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear cheflars2,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. Please allow me to apologize for the room accommodations you received that did not live up to your expectations and any inconvenience you may have experienced. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments and we hope you give us a chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Seminole, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights to see tallulah falls about 30 minutes away. We always stayed at a holiday inn express. This is the closest hotel near the fall and the previous reviews were very helpful. Friendly staff, clean environment, free breakfast (of course) and quiet area. Very close to North Carolina and the entrance to the Smokies.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dillard
Mountain Valley Inn
Hampton Inn Franklin
Hampton Inn Franklin
#1 of 13 in Franklin
Skyline Lodge and Restaurant

Been to Gateway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!