“Incredible Service”

Mountain Valley Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Dillard
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I stayed here while in the area visiting family. When I got to the hotel, I wondered if it was going to be nice. But I was so pleasantly surprised when I got to the room. It was very clean and had all the amenities I could ask for. The owners were very friendly and helpful. The room was bright and cheerful with a fridge and microwave. Best of all, the price was reasonable.

When I checked out, I accidentally left my personal pillow that I travel with. I called and they were able to find it for me. By this time, I was traveling with my wife and we were passing back through the area on our way to a wedding about an hour away from there. We were going to be spending the night in Blairsville and wouldn't have time to change clothes for the wedding if we stopped back by the Mountain Valley Inn to get the pillow. The owners let us change clothes in one of their rooms at NO charge so we were able to pick up the pillow and get to the wedding on time! That is service above the call of duty! I would definitely recommend that anyone stay here!

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room if you have problems with stairs.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank morrishj
There are newer reviews for Mountain Valley Inn

Reviewed July 19, 2014

My husband and stayed here on the way to Cherokee. It simple and clean. No, I didn't like the sink set up in the room. The fridge worked, Microwave was too old. The room was clean and comfortable. The air was cool. The pool was small but clean. We asked for a late check out and they asked for $10 cash which I thought was tacky. The sink in the room was semi-stopped up. Because it was clean and close by we would stay again.

Room Tip: Wifi was not good.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2014

The rooms were very dingy, the sink, mirror, hair dryer & coffee maker were in a nook out in the sleeping area next to the bed, the vending machine was empty, the mattresses were horrible, my mother & I were both suffering the next day from sleeping on them & the woman I believe is the wife of the owner was very rude although the man was pleasant. Stayed one night & moved to another hotel which we were happier with

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Tamara H
Reviewed May 27, 2014

For the past 5 yrs I have stayed at the Mt Valley Inn for 2 to 3 week each year. The rooms are always clean. They allowed my dog and the people who own the motel are so friendly. For the price they charge it's a reasonable way to stay do your thing and feel comfortable.They do have a pool which they work very hard to keep up and is very clean. Don't know much about their breakfast but the have great places to eat on both sides of hotel. Great location to be to easily go see a lot.

Room Tip: Top floor on hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

The hotel walls must be very thin because I heard the neighbors tv all night. The room wasn't very clean with stuff in garbage. For the price this place wasn't worth it. It's a very good location and the front desk person was friendly. It's just not a good value for money. I did go over Memorial Day weekend though.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2014

We stayed here while attending a meeting in Dillard -- the price was excellent; the room was very large and clean. It is an older property and shows it -- and the room layout is weird: the sink is in a little nook all by itself, and the toilet and bath tub are in a very small little room by themselves. The continental breakfast was sparse, so we went to Waffle House, about 10 minutes away.

It feels a little like a throw-back to a past time motel, but I do have to say the bed was comfortable!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 14, 2014

It's a cheap hotel (which is what my empty wallet needed), keep that in mind when booking. It was actually better than what I was expecting, so that's saying a lot. But, considering it was cheap, it was decent enough. The room was clean, didn't smell bad and the beds were okay. Comfortable enough for me. Plenty of hot water and awesome water pressure. There was a TV, a microwave and a fridge. Breakfast is pretty much nonexistent. But you have the fridge and microwave and there's a Piggly Wiggly adjacent to the hotel. Or a couple of really good restaurants within a couple of miles.

There was one thing that kept me from giving it 4 stars...paper thin walls. We stayed for one night to attend Warrior Dash, as were thousands of other people, so the hotel was booked full. We had people in all surrounding rooms. You can hear EVERYTHING!! TV, phone, walking, running water, conversations.... I would recommend this hotel for just a stop in along a trip or when there aren't other large events going on in the area. If it's booked solid, good luck getting sleep, or at least request a room upstairs and on the end.

Room Tip: Upstairs and on the end if possible.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank ashley_7804
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dillard
Gateway Inn & Suites
Days Inn Clayton
#3 of 3 in Clayton
Quality Inn & Suites Mt. Chalet
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Franklin

Been to Mountain Valley Inn? Share your experiences!