“Good food! ”

Ranked #96 of 373 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: Vietnamese
“Good food! ”
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

The Vietnamese dishes were good. We didn't have any Thai. We will be going back for more. Not incredible but good service and food.

Canton, Georgia
“Yum!”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Visited today with my daughter between appointments. I've eaten here a time or two before and found this visit to be consistent with past experiences.

The setting: comfy booths line each side of the restaurant with tables down the center. much larger than it appears from the outside in kind of a 'shotgun' style, you can actually walk through a portion of the kitchen, into additional seating and onto the restrooms.

The staff: friendly and attentive without being smothering or annoying

The price: $23 for the two of us including shared appetizer, entree salad, entree noodle bowl and one large 'bubble tea'.

The food: the A2 charred meat rice roll was flavorful but the wrap may have been a bit old as it (the wrapping) was very very chewy. very good char flavor on the meats. i had the SS3 salad which i found to be excellent and loaded with flavors and just the right balance of heat for me. again a good char on the meat, lots of fresh cucumber, fresh cilantro, fresh onion, chopped fresh tomato,fresh sliced jalepeno and a light dressing. DD had a B4 and found the meat to her liking as well as the rest of the item, however she felt it needed more flavor and added her own concoction of sriachia, hoisin and fish sauce to get it just right. she also ordered the bubble tea which she found to be very sweet (she ordered a large hoping to mitigate this since she eats here often and finds they add the same amount of sweetner-honey in this case- regardless of size.) and the bubble to be old and chewy/mushy rather than the pop she hoped for.

with all the choices available in the decatur are for lunch i would visit her again if i had lots of opportunities but would probably opt for other choices with my limited opportunities.

• Visited March 2014
“Terrible Thai”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

The so called Thai food lacks everything I enjoy about the cuisine. Great Thai has a magical mix of aromatic spices, heat and richness. Saigon Cafe curry has the expected combinations of large ingredients like potatoes and onions, but completely misses on fundamental elements of the beautiful Thai tastes.

• Visited February 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Decent Vietnamese food”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

When I first moved to Atlanta I was surprised to find Vietnamese food so readily available. I really enjoy Vietnamese food and find it very healthy. This chain is one my favorites in Atlanta and I frequent the one in Decatur and Duluth.

I have been to the Decatur location a couple times with my family and find they are very accommodating for families. The booths are large and can fit three a side I would say.

I typically start off with the meat/vegetable spring rolls (Goi Cuon) which is very tasty dipped in the peanut sauce and my main dish is usually Rice Vermicelli Noodle with shrimp, charbroiled pork, and egg roll with fish sauce (Bun Tom Thit Nuong Cha Gio). I like to make the noodle bowl nice and spicy with sriracha and tame it down if I need to with the hoisin sauce.

The only thing I wish they did better were the bubble tea's (smoothies with tapioca or jelly). I love bubble tea but when made with fresh fruit and not powdered flavors.

All in all a good meal and well priced.

• Visited June 2013
Marietta, Georgia
“Very popular casual Vietnamese restaurant.”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We made the mistake of having regular Chinese which was average.. Looked like most of the patrons were having Pho--which we have to try next time--the price was right for small to large bowls...we'll start with a small bowl next time

Visited December 2012

Been to Saigon Cafe? Share your experiences!