“Terrible Thai” 1 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Terrible Thai”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

The so called Thai food lacks everything I enjoy about the cuisine. Great Thai has a magical mix of aromatic spices, heat and richness. Saigon Cafe curry has the expected combinations of large ingredients like potatoes and onions, but completely misses on fundamental elements of the beautiful Thai tastes.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Atlanta, Georgia
“Decent Vietnamese food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

When I first moved to Atlanta I was surprised to find Vietnamese food so readily available. I really enjoy Vietnamese food and find it very healthy. This chain is one my favorites in Atlanta and I frequent the one in Decatur and Duluth.

I have been to the Decatur location a couple times with my family and find they are very accommodating for families. The booths are large and can fit three a side I would say.

I typically start off with the meat/vegetable spring rolls (Goi Cuon) which is very tasty dipped in the peanut sauce and my main dish is usually Rice Vermicelli Noodle with shrimp, charbroiled pork, and egg roll with fish sauce (Bun Tom Thit Nuong Cha Gio). I like to make the noodle bowl nice and spicy with sriracha and tame it down if I need to with the hoisin sauce.

The only thing I wish they did better were the bubble tea's (smoothies with tapioca or jelly). I love bubble tea but when made with fresh fruit and not powdered flavors.

All in all a good meal and well priced.

• Visited June 2013
Marietta, Georgia
“Very popular casual Vietnamese restaurant.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

We made the mistake of having regular Chinese which was average.. Looked like most of the patrons were having Pho--which we have to try next time--the price was right for small to large bowls...we'll start with a small bowl next time

Visited December 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“The best pho I have had outside Vietnam”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

We go here regularly for the pho. After we had it the first time we were addicted. It is really goood! The portions a also very big. I have tasted some of the other things on the menu which have also been good but they are not as good as the pho.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Birmingham, Alabama
“Cute”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

This place is really a hidden gem. First of all, I love the way they have it decorated. The staff is really friendly and offer good service. The food is good and you get a nice bit of it. Some of their dishes I think are overpriced, but because there isn't anything else in the area (that I know of) quite like it, I guess I won't hold that against them.

Visited August 2012