“impressed”

Reviewed October 26, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Stayed here trying to be cost conscious. Hotel is quite old with lots of wear, but is reasonably clean. Everything worked. Staff was ok. My main problem was location - my room faced Panola Rd with the myriad fast food restaurants open all night, and loud music from cars which seeps into hotel. Was always told hotel was full and couldn't move. Also lots of "guests" come and go in the night, slamming doors and walking loudly. Car got scraped in parking lot. I later learned through shopping around that a little money spent on bidding sites can get a much nicer place. I would only do it again if I was feeling extremely thrifty.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank heckflosse
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I checked in on the 13th of Nov 2011 the clerk on duty was very rude, I guess because she is balding and I am not. I tried to get some copies made and a fax sent and she was tripping because I interrupted her bag of popcorn that she was eating. I called the hotel 2 hours before I arrived and asked if I could check in as soon as I arrived and she told me yes, my arrival time was at 1:00pm and she remembered our phone conversation but then told me that there was no smoking rooms ready yet, so I asked if I could wait in the lobby and could she turn on pro football (it was a sunday) She told me that she did not like watching the Falcons play, I thought that she was there to do a job, not watch TV. So she went and checked the status of a smoking room (which did not have any ash trays in it) so that she did not have to change the channel on the lobby T V. Then her relief came who locked the lobby at 9:00pm, I asked if I could get some cream and sugar for coffee in my room and he refused to give it to me, he said that coffee was served between 6-9am. Maybe there was a communication break down because I was yelling through glass and his english was off!!! The room looked nice and smelled good but there was no mattress pad on the bed and only three pillows on a king sized bed. Y'all know that some of those pillows are bad and it takes a few of them for you to be comfortable. THEY DID NOT HAVE ANY MORE PILLOWS BECAUSE THE MAINTENANCE MAN WAS OFF DUTY. I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE THINKING! But I don't know what a repair man has to do with pillows, that is what the front desk said when I asked for more pillows. I will not stay here again and I it won't close their doors so F the SUPER 8 in Decatur, GA because they are not even Falcons Fans and neither am I but she should have had on a jersey because her uniform looked like she slept in it.

Room Tip: stay away from this motel until they upgrade their service
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Great staff. Close to several restaurants. Right off the expressway. Very clean rooms. Price is right.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Calvin C
Reviewed June 30, 2009

I was given a hard time about the reservations I made with AAA. While traveling on the road, I found out that the hotel mixed up my reservation with my aunts. We have the same name but come from two different states and somehow, they had her credit card associated with my reservation and gave me 4 rooms instead of the 1. They also told me that the price was not the price that AAA had given me. The manager would not help and insisted that I contact AAA. I asked if I could straiten it out when I got there because I was on the road and the manager told me no. How could AAA be responsible when they had not knowledge of my aunt? She called the hotel and made her reservation via telephone but the hotel insisted that it was not their fault and that they could do nothing to correct it. I ended up contacting customer service and spoke with Helen who after approx. 30 minutes corrected the problem. Once we got to the hotel, the outside looked nice but they must've forgotten to fix the inside. It is absolutely the worst hotel that I ever made reservations for. The beds had hair in them. Dirty towels were left on the sink, the room had an odor, mold was in the shower, the furniture appeared as though the room had been water logged because it was all warped around the bottom, carpets hadn't been vacuumed & no bed skirts to cover the filthy mattresses. It was so bad, I checked out with 30 min and went to another hotel. The desk person gave me a hard time and didn't want to give me a refund. He told me that I had to wait for the manager the next day and that there was nothing that he could do. He even suggested that I dirtied the room. Needless to say, I was very upset and after a while, he decided that he would refund my money and I'm hoping that don't see it on my credit card. I was not looking for a 5 star hotel, I was just looking for a clean one and this was far from it. I wouldn't advise anyone to visit this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 15, 2007

The hotel was very helpful. when i ask how the rooms were, the clerk walked me to teh room and showed me the rooms. i was impressed to get such a personal experience at a Super 8. the staffed was trained to treat everyone liek it was a 5 star hotel. great and clean rooms. looks like it was recently remodeled and brand new carpet. great hotel for dekalb county!! in a great location

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Decatur
Quality Inn & Suites Decatur - Atlanta East
Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia
Affordable Hotel
Affordable Hotel
#4 of 18 in Decatur
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta East/Stonecrest
Courtyard Atlanta Decatur Downtown/Emory
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lithonia/Stone Mountain

Been to Super 8 Decatur/Lithonia/Atl Area? Share your experiences!