Courtyard Atlanta Decatur Downtown/Emory
$65
$57
$75
$55
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfront deskparking garageper daywithin walking distanceroom was cleanvery nice hotelrestaurants and shopscourteous staffbusiness hotelmarta stationrestaurant optionsfitness centermain lobbydefinitely stay here againi highly recommend this hotelstayed two nightsvery nice stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in the Courtyard for a night and loved the location. It's just off the downtown Decatur Square, so a very short walk from all the restaurants, pubs and shops. As for the hotel itself...eh. Pluses: fresh and attractive decor, spacious rooms and goid soundproofing (we were on the street side and didn't hear any noise). Minuses: Although the hotel is newly renovated, but the smell of mold persisted throughout our room. Parking, in an adjacent deck, also can be a bit of a hassle.

Essentially, it's a good, if not special, representation of the brand. We'd stay here again, primarily because the location is hard to beat.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank FamOf3_11
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Located in tiny Decatur,GA, this hotel that is only a short walk from downtown decatur's boutiques, unique eating options, the college, etc., is a fantastic hotel attached to a small convention center.

Courteous staff!

Pros:
-good location for anything in Decatur
-Nice rooms, modern, new and clean
-24 hour goodie shop with basic staples, snacks and beverages
-well equipped central atrium has multiple entertainment nooks, seating areas, workstations for free
-mini cafe sells hot breakfast
-close to everything

Cons:
-expensive goodie shop - go behind to CVS or Kroger instead (see below)
-noise from internal atrium gets to internally faced rooms because of single paned windows. Since this hotel is popular for wedding parties, this can be problematic at night.
-no free hot breakfast; go to Thumbs Up Diner or Starbucks instead (equally 3 minutes walk away)
-parking is initially difficult, and $4-5 per day. Must find subterranean garage behind hotel. If making multiple exits, it's cheaper to pay through the hotel. If leaving car stowed during the duration of stay, pay through the garage.

Overall very satisfied.

CVS is behind the hotel (west), and Kroger is a block away to the North. I was there for a wedding, and CVS was great for all the things you need last minute, including stuff for sick babies, as was the case for the wedding party. The Starbucks on the corner was awesome to have as well.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed here for two nights this past weekend for my son's wedding nearby. Almost all of the out of town guests stayed here. Their large lobby with many tables easily accommodated our "gatherings" in between festivities for the wedding. The staff member at check-in could not have been more pleasant and helpful suggesting nearby places to eat. He had us checked in immediately with no hassles. All of the staff we encountered was very helpful and friendly. The location is only a half block from the square which is surrounded by restaurants and shops on all sides for three or four blocks. So for a neat getaway weekend you could stay here and park your car and never move it until you leave. The one negative is the parking. They do charge you $8 per day. It is a city parking lot which they share. It is underground parking which keeps your car covered but it is tight to maneuver and the spaces are very narrow due to support columns. So large trucks and SUV's beware! The entire hotel has been very recently remodeled. Our room was very clean and well laid out with plenty of room including the bathroom. The bed was excellent!!! They have a large convention center so if you have a meeting there or in the area or just want that getaway weekend try the Courtyard Downtown/Emory.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank scubakeys
Reviewed November 5, 2012

They got my reservation wrong. Right now I still have two different amounts holding in my bank account which is annoying. I got there and had to wait for 20 minutes to figure out what was going on with my room--which I think was given away, but then again they never clarified. After I had to go and get the cart to get my stuff up to the room (which was quite heavy), the key cards did not work. So, I had to make another trip down to the lobby to get it fixed. No one was apologetic about anything.

The room was pretty, but there was a crusty white stain down the side of the chair. I don't even want to think what that substance was.

The room smelled like mildew, and I requested a king bed, but was given two queens.

It is what it is.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is a great hotel. I guess it's recently remodeled and it shows. The rooms are very nice and the lobby is beautiful. The staff here were all just excellent. They were some of the nicest hotel employees I have ever had. The hotel is situated in a great little neighborhood. It's within walking distance of dozens of restuarants. You could stay there for a week and eat somewhere different and unique for every meal (no food chains). My only complaint about the hotel was the noise. From my room I could hear everything that was going on in the hallway. Every door that was open and every conversation. Hopefully they invest in some insulated doors and then the place would be perfect.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business