Courtyard Atlanta Decatur Downtown/Emory
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$123
$57
$65
$75
$55
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfront deskparking garageper daywithin walking distanceroom was cleanvery nice hotelrestaurants and shopscourteous staffbusiness hotelmarta stationrestaurant optionsfitness centermain lobbydefinitely stay here againi highly recommend this hotelstayed two nightsvery nice stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 18, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located in downtown Decatur, Georgia, which is an incorporated island in the middle of Atlanta. The little downtown is very charming and filled with restaurants right around the corner from the hotel. You can easily walk to the Marta train that will take you all over Atlanta, too. This is a remodeled Holiday Inn that's been completely renovated and just reopened in February. The lobby is very attractive and contemporary. The room was nice with memory foam mattresses and premium bedding, nice flat screen TV and easy access to free wi-fi. Lobby also had numerous computers with large monitors to use free. Indoor pool is really more like a lap pool. My teenagers liked the 24 hour fitness center which had several machines and weights. We stayed here on two occasions during our visit to Atlanta and liked it both times. Rack rate is $159 but you definitely do not need to pay that. The first visit, we negotiated and paid $113 per night in person which was a good value. Second visit, due to overhearing someone, we were able to book this on Priceline for $45 per night, a truly outstanding value. Had to sort of guess which hotel we were getting, but I totally scored. Very happy about that. Parking is $8 per night but wi-fi is free. No free breakfast which was a bummer but they do have a microwave in the little snack shop next to the check-in desk. And crappy little coffee makers in the room. There's a Kroger grocery store two blocks away. Staff was very nice and accomodating. Aggravations were that the wi-fi kept crashing and it was a pain to get it reinstated. Also, very hard to figure out where to go from the parking garage due to lack of signage, also the elevator was down when we were there so we had to haul up the stairs. But it was only one flight. Also I was with my two kids and they only gave us two towels. Really. Two towels. However, they brought more immediately when I asked. FYI, they will not give you rollaways in the double rooms, said the fire marshal would not allow it. Ask for a room with an outdoor view, we had 239 and a nice view of trees outside. In fact when we returned we asked for and got the exact same room. I would stay here again when I return to Atlanta

Room Tip: Ask for an exterior room some of them face indoors
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank marlajfish
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Good hotel with excellent room. Only downside was on evening of arrival only one lift of two working so slow to get to room and also back to lobby

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 11, 2012

This is a very nice hotel, the room I had was 2 double beds facing the courtyard (inside courtyard) and the decor was top notch. The lobby is beautiful and there is a nice indoor pool and fitness center, washers and dryers are also in a room off the lobby. Self parking if free as is wi-fi. Like most all Courtyards, this hotel does not offer complimentary breakfast (although free coffee is served in the lobby) Check in was smooth and I enjoyed my conversations with all the front desk clerks, they made my day. I would definitely stay here again, but the location is in downtown Decatur and is about a 15 minute plus drive to downtown or midtown Atlanta.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an outside view and NOT one facing the inside courtyard.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank hendrixallen
Reviewed April 9, 2012

This hotel is exquisite. From the bed to the gym. Me and my girls visited for a few days on Spring Break and really enjoyed it. The decor is beautiful and its put together well. Love it and cant wait until my next stay.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Totally renovated; tasteful decor; beautiful atrium, spacious well-appointed room. Excellent value for money in the Atlanta area. Hotel re-opened just two months ago; staffmembers were very friendly but are still finding their own way around. Lovely to walk around in Decatur. Wonderful restaurants in the area. Five minutes to Marta if you prefer public transportation.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple