“Fabulous!”

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Decatur
Davidson, North Carolina
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Ritz Carlton caliber without the price. New, marvelously designed with everything a seasoned business traveler looks for. The spacious, sunlit atrium provides a place to work or just relax. Each staff member we encountered was well trained and genuinely pleased to be of service. We will make this hotel our regular stop on future trips to Atlanta.

Room Tip: Some rooms look onto the atrium. We chose an outside room.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Washington, DC
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I was really happy when my best friend booked a block of rooms at a Marriott for her wedding. I am a big fan of Marriott. The hotel apparently was just renovated and you can tell. I don't know what it looked like before, but this hotel was very clean and modern. I loved it! The rooms were very nice, the TV's were updated, nice LG flat screens, the hotel's lobby was modern and chic. The staff was super friendly. They were very accommodating when we needed anything from where the best food was to how to get a taxi to the airport when we needed to check out. Everything was fantastic. The hotel is close to everything FUN! The bars, restaurants, a Starbucks (which is KEY), little boutiques to shop at, a park for the kids to run around, a CVS, McDonalds. I never felt nervous or on edge walking back from the bars to the hotel after the wedding we attended. There were police out everywhere and all of the people in the surrounding areas were very nice. The bar at the hotel was very nice also. We had some great drinks there with our friends. I'd definitely recommend this hotel if you stay in Decatur. Very quaint and modern, clean and fresh.

Room Tip: The rooms that face the lobby of the hotel seem to be a bit noisier, but it wasn't bad.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Newlywed0825
North Arlington, New Jersey
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Nice place and close to Transportation and Food. I was very happy with my stay here. When I got my room the air/heater was broken and they had me in a new room within a half hour. The hotel grounds were very clean. My only real issue was paying $8 a night for parking but I guess that goes with the territory.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Do not let the reviews prior to February 2012 dissuade you from staying here -- they are for the previous Holiday Inn at the same address. Marriott Courtyard is now the hotel on Clairemont in downtown Decatur, and they reopened for business on February 1. My husband and I stayed there on February 3 to celebrate our anniversary and the new hotel is great! The lobby is upscale chic and the room was clean and comfortable. They have a great indoor pool and fitness center, too. Service was very friendly - staff were very helpful in answering our questions and providing a tour. We enjoyed being in downtown Decatur so we could walk to dinner and enjoy a stroll through town. I highly recommend this hotel for both business and leisure travelers. C Thomas

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank CJ T
Edwardsville, Illinois
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Very helpful and friendly reception. Older hotel but very clean and comfortable. Restful night with little noise even though the hotel was nearly full.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room on the river side of the building!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Overall, the hotel was acceptable, especially with the price I paid. The building and facilities itself are a little bit rundown and you can definitely tell the wear and tear on the building. BEWARE: If you are planning on parking a car, the parking spots are TINY so most cars end up using two spaces or park in place they arent supposed to park.

The bed, pillows, and comforter are comfy and I got a room with a king size bed for about $80/night. The cable/satellite television is suspect, only a few channels work and the remote itself is confusing (it has this little lever on the side that you have to switch up and down before it lets you do anything...really weird).

The customer service is where my problem is. They charged me twice for the hotel room and I have been contacting them for the past week about it and they originally said it would take 2 business days. It has been five and they keep sending me to their "accountant" who is "taking care of the problem" but I'm still waiting...just and FYI.

Hope this helps. I'm not giving the hotel a bad review but I'm not giving it a raving review, either.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
brooklyn, ny
Reviewed September 23, 2011

This hotel was perfect for what we needed. The rooms were very nice, AC worked great, and they were very clean. This hotel is located very close to some great eating spots and pubs. I recommend Sweet Melissa for breakfast and the Brick Store for dinner and yummy beer! Note: it's not actually a Holiday inn anymore. It's going to be a Marriott in February so if you go there before then it is just called the Decatur Conference Center.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms look out onto the foyer. For more privacy ask for a room that looks out onto the...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sareduf
Also consider these accommodations in or near Decatur
Poncey-Highland
Midtown
Artmore Hotel
Artmore Hotel
#14 of 171 in Atlanta

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Decatur Downtown/Emory? Share your experiences!