“Funky coffee shop that also serves wine”
Review of Java Monkey

Java Monkey
Ranked #2 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Decatur
Bahrain
“Funky coffee shop that also serves wine”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

From students writing papers, to mom's with strollers, to hipsters discussing the meaning of life.. Java monkey has a little bit of everything. Good tea (I don't drink coffee, but I hear it is good) Free, but spotty wifi and good food it is an ok place to spend the afternoon. I don't like to do serious work here (the tables are too small) but for meeting up with friends it is great. They often have bands or poetry slams at night on the patio area. Besides they support the community and give to quite a few local charities.

• Visited March 2012

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Weak Wi-fi”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This is a nice average coffee shop. I'm a guest in town, so I don't know it's overall reputation, but I went there purposefully to work online and was not able to get a strong enough signal anywhere in the place, so I had to pack up and leave. This feels like a wonderful place to socialize and listen to live music.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Laid Back”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Went on a Friday around 5pm. Had a glass of wine that the cashier helped me pick you. She might have been the manager though but regardless, she was very nice. The atmosphere was quiet and friendly. I'd definitely go back!

• Visited January 2012
“Great local coffee shop, very tasty sandwiches and great coffee.”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I live in Decatur and stop by here from time to time for a coffee and snack.
The staff is always kind and warm, (even wih my big stroller rolling around their cafe!) the coffee is always tasty and reasonably priced. Today I ate lunch here and it prompted me to write this review.
The Bella prosciutto sandwich was one of the best sandwiches I have ever had and their biscuits, which like all their pastries are made in-house each morning, were still warm at 11 and super delicious. My son's preschool is right nearby so this will probably be my regular lunch spot!

Glasgow
“Great coffee cool spot”
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Reasonably priced coffee. Lovely boho atmosphere and outdoor seating.Didn't have food but looked nice home baking

• Visited September 2011