“Don't keep their word” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Decatur
Jacksonville, Florida
“Don't keep their word”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I made my reservation through Hotel Planner, they told me the Motel only took one pet. I went to end the call and they said let me call the property and ask if they will accept one more pet. I explained my dogs are twenty pounds. The person came back and told me oh yes they will let you bring two pets for twenty dollars a night. I said great and made the reservation. When I arrived on 6/21/2013 The young girl at the front desk told me I could not have a room they only take one pet. Motel 6 advertises their pet policy on their website, no where in it does it state one pet they say your pets are welcome at ten dollars a night. Pets means more than one, Pet means one. I was and still am very upset over this. I had to scramble for a room to stay in, I had come to town for my daughters wedding. I had to leave my pets with strangers. So don't believe what they tell you.
Pamela Cabral
playgirl3243@att.net

also while on this website a backdoor trojan tried to get into my computer but i stopped it.

Room Tip: go to fairfield inn and suites at the stonecrest mall
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

I booked the room Sept. 2012 because it was pet friendly and I was traveling with my dog. The only luggage cart is one dolly with a rope. The neighborhood is horrid and the parking lot is a pass thru for "traffic." My dog picked up a USED condom from the parking lot! As I was getting on the elevator from getting ice at the only working machine, a large (refrigerator with a head) sized man exited and immediately tried to get back on. Without thinking I hit the shut door button which worked and I went up to the 4th floor. About 1/4 of the way, I heard a noise behind me and fridge man was not far behind me. He had to have come up the stairs and he was not a stair master kind of person. I got to my room, locked everything I could and got everything packed to leave! I didn't know where I was going to stay but knew I'd have been better off sleeping at a rest stop than that motel! I will say my room was clean and the staff were pleasant BUT it is NOT a safe place to stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Xan R
los angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

My wife and I were traveling to Georgia back in January, 2012. We had the horrific opportunity at this ridiculous place. The prices are wrong. After checking into the room, we noticed the place had a mold stench to it. I also noticed the floor in the hallway and staircase was dirty and slippery. It felt as though I was going to fall on the floor!! Literally!!!The toilet doesn’t flush. The hitter in the room was not working!!! Eww bathtub looks so awful and disgusting. The pool was closed. Room was unclean and noisy place, TV or radio noise is too loud from nearby rooms. After all, we didn’t like this place at all. We were totally shocked at this place. When we asked for our money back, the women behind the counter said, "no!!” We did not even touch the bed and we were there for a total of 8 minutes!!! We were surprised that it was allowed to still be in business all the employees were extremely rude. Suddenly one short guy came, who has big and bad mouth, yelling and very rude to us. I said, I will complain to Motel 6 franchise or Better Business Bureau because you are so rude to us. I asked him, can I have your name? He said, "Mark" than he gave us his business card. But in his business card written down his name is "Mamunur Chowdhoury GM (General Manager)". He said his nick name is "Mark". This guy don't know how to act with customers, he has 0 skills of customer service. What surprise my fiancé and I am wondering is that how come this rude and unprofessional guy became a gm??? It was a mess and awful moment in there. My wife doesn’t want to stay there neither do I? That’s why we stayed all night in the casino we felt that it was safer than staying at this Motel 6. This place has a terrible mold stench. This place needs to be condemned!!!! Do not stay at this motel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank john r
las vagas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2011

I and my wife lived there. first when we open the door, we found garbage and beer bottles are all over the carpet, bed is messy and bed sheets are very dirty. Tissues are all overbathroom and tub looks so disgusting. after we ovserving these things, we went front desk tell why he gave us the dirt room? he told, housekeppers forgot to clean this room and gave us another room. in the mid-night aunts are all over our bed, carpet and on opened foods cake, cookies and juice glasses. we did not sleep whole night because of insects and loud tv. after few hours we left this motel and sleep at the car!!!! Few monthes ago, one of my friend's car got stolen from this motel. thats why, i took our room close to parking side so i can watch my car. we had so much hard time in there. we will never come back again!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank williamLasVagas
california
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2011

This Motel 6 in is one of the worst places I have ever stayed! Carpet was dirty, one bed was hard as a rock, the other was sunken down in the middle. This motel 6 deserves to get minus(- ) 5 zero(0), If I wasn't tired, I would have gone elsewhere. If you like to sleep with bed bugs, stay at this Motel 6. We were there in December, 2011. and I got bitten all over my arms, face,legs, body and my back. Me and my wife was rushing to leave this motel soon in the morning. That was a terrible experience for us. We will never come back at this unpleasant motel 6.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank julia r
florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2011

Cockroaches !! When we entered our motel room, I noticed something inside an old microwave near our door. Not knowing what it was, I opened it and a cockroach crawled out of it. We picked up our bags and left the hotel room, and when we asked for a refund, the manager refused to give a full refund, so we only got about 75% of our money back? not good. Very scary and awful place.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank hernandaz v
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

Because of the bad reviews I decided to take a look at this place. I had a reservation and a very good rate. The motel is located on an alley sort of street behind some fast food restaurants. There is another motel in front of this one so you are really way back in the alley.

A housekeeper was throwing things away in the outside dumpster and some men were in the parking lot doing some work.

I walked past the front door to get a good look at the place as there was still time to cancel the reservation.

A man in a dress shirt appeared in the door where the housekeeper entered and rudely asked if I "needed something." I just turned around and went the other way. He then began screaming loudly, "hey what do you want." And, "what you can't hear me."

I will bet this guy was the hotel manager and that this is the type of service one should expect in this hotel.

I promptly got on the computer and canceled by 3:30pm (the site says by 4pm, but I notice that somewhere around 3:45pm the site refuses to honor the cancellation).

I wanted to like this place but never got the chance.

He was yelling so loud that the men working just stopped and stared; probably wondering what I had done wrong, which was NOTHING!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
10 Thank CopacabanaGrill
Also consider these accommodations in or near Decatur
Affordable Hotel
Courtyard Atlanta Decatur Downtown/Emory
Econo Lodge Conley
Econo Lodge Conley
#1 of 1 in Conley

Been to Motel 6 Decatur? Share your experiences!