“This is the Terrible and Worst motel 6 ever!!!!!!!!”
Review of Motel 6 Decatur

Motel 6 Decatur
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Decatur
florida
“This is the Terrible and Worst motel 6 ever!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed December 15, 2011

Cockroaches !! When we entered our motel room, I noticed something inside an old microwave near our door. Not knowing what it was, I opened it and a cockroach crawled out of it. We picked up our bags and left the hotel room, and when we asked for a refund, the manager refused to give a full refund, so we only got about 75% of our money back? not good. Very scary and awful place.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank hernandaz v

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
California
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Because of the bad reviews I decided to take a look at this place. I had a reservation and a very good rate. The motel is located on an alley sort of street behind some fast food restaurants. There is another motel in front of this one so you are really way back in the alley.

A housekeeper was throwing things away in the outside dumpster and some men were in the parking lot doing some work.

I walked past the front door to get a good look at the place as there was still time to cancel the reservation.

A man in a dress shirt appeared in the door where the housekeeper entered and rudely asked if I "needed something." I just turned around and went the other way. He then began screaming loudly, "hey what do you want." And, "what you can't hear me."

I will bet this guy was the hotel manager and that this is the type of service one should expect in this hotel.

I promptly got on the computer and canceled by 3:30pm (the site says by 4pm, but I notice that somewhere around 3:45pm the site refuses to honor the cancellation).

I wanted to like this place but never got the chance.

He was yelling so loud that the men working just stopped and stared; probably wondering what I had done wrong, which was NOTHING!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
10 Thank CopacabanaGrill

Travelers are raving about these Decatur hotels

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I stayed there just for a night and the only good part was the staff. I have stayed in motel 6 in many other cities and this one was no where near the rest. Shady location, filthy room, extremely loud AC, people playing loud TV in their rooms. My wife had never stayed in motel 6 before and she never wants to go near another one

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank TKC0112
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 3, 2011

Their service was excellent. Staff at the front desk were very friendly and polite. Rooms were nice, cleaned and calm. Beds were excellent. Location is in perfect place and area is beautiful. Also hallways are nice and cleaned. I like the front place designs and looks cute. My friends were happy and satisfy of living in great Motel. Prices are not that expensive compare to others. We'll come back again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Hermitage, Tennessee
Reviewed January 4, 2010

Giving a one for each of the catagories was very generous, Lobby was freezing cold,
the heater in the rooms smelled like burning coils, the blankets had holes in them and there was blood on the sheets, This entire hotel needs to be razed. Because we had one extra child, we had to get an entire room and then they charged the premium price.
I know that we will never stay there again. We should have driven further east to Conyers.
This hotel should not even be on the roster for Motel 6. It's a total embarassment.
As we checked out the next morning, they asked if we were finished. It looked like it was frequented by drug dealers and prostitutes.
What a shame to have to expose the family to that!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
6 Thank DopeyNGrumpy
michigan
Reviewed June 10, 2009

Me and my wife came to get baptized in decatur. we stay there for 2 nights. we really had no problems to speak of. for what we paid, we got our money worth. the room was decent. the service was fine. and we slept just fine.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Decatur
Affordable Hotel
#4 of 18 in Decatur
Masters Inn Tucker
#3 of 11 in Tucker
Poncey-Highland
The Highland Inn
The Highland Inn
#100 of 171 in Atlanta

Been to Motel 6 Decatur? Share your experiences!