“Fabulous choice for graduation party”

Wahoo! A Decatur Grill
Ranked #11 of 371 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Atlanta
“Fabulous choice for graduation party”
Reviewed June 4, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I am a Wahoo fan, so it was my first choice when planning my daughter's graduation celebration. We had a table of 12 for dinner, and our waiter, Chris, did not disappoint. Neither did the food! I highly recommend Wahoo for an intimate dinner or a family celebration. You are in for tasty food and great service. I had Hawaiian ahi tuna, as did several others in our group. We also enjoyed appetizers of pimento cheese fritters, calamari and crab cakes. The rest of our group enjoyed Georgia trout, sea scallops and Southern fried chicken. To finish the evening, we devoured the famous Coconut cake. Heavenly and sublime.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank MrsJAtlanta

Atlanta, Georgia
“Treat yourself”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great food, atmosphere, and great customer service. Nice spot for family and friends or a romantic evening with that special someone.

• Visited February 2014
Atlanta
“Another lovely place to dine in Decatur”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

We had dinner a few nights ago with a party of friends. The restaurant has a nice design with a bar and tables opposite the kitchen as you enter, then a large, glassed-in dining room behind and an open-air garden behind that. The noise level is tolerable, a big plus for me. The menu is varied and has some lovely choices and some interesting specials. My partner had the Georgia trout and it was especially good. I had the shrimp with grits and it was fine. The garden salad was OK, not great. The special tuna sushi was spectacular. The service was friendly and the servers knew the menu well. We did not do dessert. Bottle of wine was 50% off on Thursday night. The prices are reasonable. We will definitely go back to Wahoo. Yahoo Wahoo!

Johnson City, Tennessee
“What a delicious brunch!!!”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

I attended a brunch for out of town guests for a friend's wedding. It was hosted by the bride and groom. We were given a choice of four menu selections and it was a difficult choice as all four looked delicious. Finally, I chose the Charleston Shrimp and Grits and my husband had the Eggs Carbonara. My shrimp and grits were so delicious I wished I could get their recipe. The grits were the creamiest I have ever had. I will definitely eat a meal at the Wahoo Grill the next time I am in Atlanta. I can't wait to see their dinner menu!!!

Dunedin, Fl
“an underwhelming time at an overwhelmed restaurant”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

My wife and I treated friends to a meal in their hometown as a college graduation present. They chose Wahoo? A Decatur Grill as it was a special go to place for them and they had mentioned that the next time we were in town, it was a place we would have to go to for a meal.
So May 11th was graduation and on Sunday we had reservations for a meal at Wahoo. It also happened to be Mother's Day. Our reservation time was mid evening 6-7 PM time frame. We checked in and rather promptly got a table in the garden area. We started with cocktails, 3 of which were 2 of the house specialty cocktails. The 2 same recipe cocktails were not made per the description. While I suspected other issues, for sure neither had the shaved nutmeg called for in the drink's description. The first course consisted of bisque for me and salads for 2 others, one of which was a house recipe salad and the other was a Caesar's. My bisque was rather unremarkable with the sherry floating on the surface like so much unskimmed fat. The house salad was lacking with the ingredients, pecans, apricots, strawberries, cheese. My wife said the ingredients was sparse. We were offered bread, and I asked for extra napkins. The bread was a no show and when I inquired, I was told they had run out and more was being baked. Kudos for fast thinking on her feet, but this old man knew we were told the truth and lied to at the same time. Bread never showed up, ever. And I had to ask multiple times for the extra napkin. The entrees consisted of fried chicken, pork loin, ribeye steak, and my wife had PEI mussel appetizer as her main course. The mussels were well prepared and except for the bread coming out as baguette crisps (not so good for dipping, but not so surprising either as previously mentioned) this dish was a hit. My chicken was cooked the way I like it, but I like it a little on the done side so I am not so sure it would have been as well received at another table. The steak and the pork loin were plated as if served at the blue plate diner, not a more upscale restaurant. This was surprising as the tuna (a special that evening) plates that came by our table were very well plated and looked very nice. The steak was close to cooked as requested (medium rare), however it appeared have been left on one side too long and one end appeared to have been over the part of the fire that was going out as that end was rare. The server, not our table's server but the person who brought the plates out, asked to have the steak cut to check the done of the steak. It was acceptable to her although not quite right (the aforementioned have medium and half medium rare) That was before she got to the rare end. We were told the kitchen was having problems due to lighting, or some such excuse. Excuses don't cut it. The pork loin was flat a poor piece of meat. Our friends normally take left over portions home, in this case the leftover portions went into the trash. Our friends were very apologetic, but we understood as it had become very clear that this restaurant was not prepared for that day's business. The staff looked beat. Some looked like they had been called in as reinforcements. the atmosphere was nice and we did not allow this experience to have a negative effect on our evening. But frankly I had a better meal at the Thinking Man Tavern this trip to Decatur and the state of Georgia. And considerably less costly.

2 Thank Donald M