“Terrible food and service for our entire group.”

Wahoo! A Decatur Grill
Ranked #11 of 376 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Slowest service ever at a restaurant. Ever. Waiter was AWOL for extremely long times. When someone asked for refills of tea she was told with a snarl, "You don't need to ask that!" Brunch crab cakes were served cold, tasteless, and very small. English muffins that came with the crab cakes were stale and could not be cut with a knife no matter how hard I tried. Packaged hollandaise was skimpy and tasteless. Potato casserole was too salty to eat. The one bright spot was the cava drink with raspberry liqueur, which was fabulous! It took over 2 hours to order, eat, and get a check, and this was for cold poorly prepared food.

Parking was a nightmare. There were 15 people waiting for one valet. We finally grabbed what we thought were our keys and pulled our car around without any help.

2  Thank Westgalady

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I have probably eaten at Wahoo 10 times more or more. It's not as creative as Decatur's best (Cakes and Ale, Iberian Pig, 246), but it is very dependable at a high level. We like the covered patio out back when the weather allows, which is a lot of the year in Decatur; the inside can get noisy when full. Service has been top notch every time I have been. Wahoo is known for its fish, and I have enjoyed the ahi tuna, the salmon and the Georgia trout among others, although my non-fishy friends raved over the fried chicken on Easter and were sucking the bones. Sit outside under the patio fans with a good bottle of cold white wine from the very reasonable wine list and some good food and it's a fine place to be.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Every time my friends and family go to Wahoo we always have a good experience. We are there sometimes during the day for lunch and the food will be just as good as the dinner menu.There have been times service may have been slow,but those times have been so far and few between and it usually can be accredited to a new waitstaff employee. I have always enjoyed Wahoo and will always continue to recommend it to everyone.

1  Thank Susan R
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I was one of the enthusiastic boosters of this restaurant when it first opened. It slowly improved its ambiance (I believe the building was an old “corner” drugstore) to the point were I nominated its outdoor dining area and food one of the best in the ATL area. After my divorce, to impress dates, I would take them here–but the charm was outside, never inside. Inside has always been crowded, somewhat dark, and shares space with the open kitchen. Parking has always been somewhat dicey particularly on busy nights. Service used to be exceptional with wait persons who knew the menu and could converse intelligently about it. For many reasons I have not been here in the last 18 months (was out of the country a good bit). My now wife and I decided to visit a very memorable evening even though I no longer live in the area. Sorry to say, but the experience did not live up to the memories (of even a year ago). Our wait person did not seem very “ept” and had to go back someplace to consult about various questions (normally I do not mind this, but on every question?–well at least she did ask!). After the meal was served, we had to send “seekers,” other waiter we flagged down for items we wanted.
When it arrived, my wife’s steak was much overdone (and we realized this is a seafood restaurant, but..) My scallops did not melt in my mouth, they tended toward the rubbery side. From one of our favorites to one we probably will not visit again.

1  Thank redneckersson5
Reviewed April 16, 2014

The food is upscale southern. They're now only open for lunch on weekends, so we do brunch on Sundays. The hash casserole and mini pumpkin muffins are delicious. We are always seated in the back, and the glass walls/ceiling can make it a bit hot. It's also hard to navigate with uneven floors and narrow hallways. Adds a lot of charm, so very worth a weekend visit.