“Delicious and varied menu”

Wahoo! A Decatur Grill
Ranked #11 of 380 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Had a wonderful meal with friends while visiting from NC. Scarlett gave us great service and helpful suggestions on our dinner options. Highly recommend Wahoo!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Everyone in our party of 4 had a different dish and gave each a great review. Of note were the Monkfish and Charleston shrimp. Service was average, waiter was personable and gave good recommendations but did not bring the wine pairings until late in the meal. Food was excellent, would have no problem visiting again.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Tip? They will give you a $10 voucher off your next visit if its your first time visiting.... Nice ambience, went for the Sunday brunch but not that good... Luke warm food and all very heavy... No healthy options. Server friendly. it's a bit out of the way.

1  Thank Expattraveler100
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My wife and I travelled down from Charlotte for my 40th high school reunion this weekend and met some old friends at Wahoo for brunch the morning before the reunion. It is a little difficult to spot from road and not a place you might stop if you were just driving by, but the staff and the food were excellent. On the recommendation of our server, we had the calamari, pimento cheese fritters and a side of hashbrown casserole as our appetizers and all three were very good. I had the pimento cheese burger on an wonderful roll served with fries which was great. One of our friends had an avocado wrap which was so huge she took more than half of it home with her. My wife and another friend had the crab cake benedict which my wife said was good but she would have preferred a traditional egg benedict rather than the crab cakes for breakfast. Our last friend had the shrimp and grits which she said were outstanding. I could see that the shrimp were much larger than I would normally have expected and she said the dish was spicy and flavorful without being over the top with seasoning. We are all too full to order dessert so I cannot comment on that option. This was a unique place, staffed with a very friendly and professional staff, serving above average food. I would definitely recommend Wahoo to anyone looking for an excellent meal just a few blocks off the square in trendy downtown Decatur.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Lovely restaurant with garden seating. Decent size bar. Servers were friendly and quick with recommendations. Fried chicken was perfect! Cocktails were tasty and not light on liquor. Overall a great experience, will be back :)