“Decent Wine and Food”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 2, 2012

It is basically a flne dining Bubba Gump, but good food and friendly service, and good attention to detail

There are newer reviews for Wahoo! A Decatur Grill

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Wahoo Grill has an unassuming location on the edge of downtown Decatur, but this local treasure is a must-try. The chef prides himself on locally-inspired seafood dishes that routinely wow the palate. The ambiance is perfect for a romantic dinner or a prix fixe Sunday brunch (in the garden room). Although getting pricey for Atlanta standards, the food and experience will be memorable.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

My wife and I have eaten at Wahoo numerous times and have never been disappointed with either the food or the service. We highly recommend dining at Wahoo and we think it's great that they have elected to participate in the sustainable seafood program.

Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

My sister came into town for a visit and decided she wanted to take my mum out for brunch. I had heard about Wahoo! from a friend and after reading the reviews we decided to give it a try.
When we pulled up it was apparent that parking is an issue but we went ahead and used the valet service. My sister thought the entrance was...weird as it has a curtain-like hallway but I thought it was charming. We did not have to wait long to be seated although it was a Sunday. As we walked passed the buffet set up, the Charleston Grits caught my eye and I was sold. My sister and mum wanted Eggs Benedict and they got the salmon and crab cakes respectively. Nevertheless my sister had lots of suggestions for me to get from the buffet so she could taste. The buffet choices included peach bread, banana walnut bread, spring greens, hummus on toast with bacon and another with dill butter and salmon. There were cinnamon puffs, brownies, potato salad, pasta salad, rice, Cajun chicken and Charleston grits. I tried everything but the salmon croquettes. I like variety when I eat so my stomach was excited about trying everything. I found the bread of the hummus and bacon croquette stale and unappetising but everything else was decent. It was a simple buffet with not too many choices which can be great if the food is amazing but a death sentence if the food sucks. In this case, the food was probably just a little over average. My mum and sister enjoyed their meals and I did mine for the most part. They wished they had had more food and that definitely says that they enjoyed it. Overall I loved the atmosphere and vibe of this restaurant so I think I will be coming back.

1  Thank Miicha04
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Food and service are superb! I have been there 3 times and each time the food was fantastic. Try the Sunday brunch - it is served until 3 p.m. and it is well worth it!