“Amazing seafood at a garden table”

Wahoo! A Decatur Grill
Ranked #10 of 370 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Atlanta, Georgia
“Amazing seafood at a garden table”
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Stopped at Wahoo! for dinner before a concert. Sat in the Garden Room, but when it's cooler there is outdoor seating, too. Staff was incredible attentive but not overbearing. Our waiter was very helpful in selecting our food, and they were very willing to substitute shrimp for scallops in one order. The calamari appetizer was the best I've ever had, with fried banana peppers and a mildly sweet sauce. We had mahi-mahi and scallops with another fabulous sauce. Salad was crisp and fresh. Had their bread pudding for dessert. It was light and flavorful with an overly sweet sauce, but we shared one and finished it off. I'll be back.

• Visited August 2011

norcross
“If you want a near death experience pick the Wahoo Grill!”
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Was at the wahoo grill Saturday and got the worse case of food poisioning ever. Literally almost died. The doctor said it had to be a terrible strain of Bacteria. I am 100% sure the Wahoo Grill made me sick as it was the only thing I had to eat.. I thought the chicken looked undercooked but when I tried to send it back the waiter made me feel like an [--] so I ended up keeping it. BIG MISTAKE.!! Violent vomiting for days on end. If you have a rich uncle you are trying to kill off the Wahoo Grill is your spot!!

Visited August 2011
Atlanta, GA
“Amazing Garden and Patio Room”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Lovely dining experience especially out in the Garden room and the patio in the back. This has got to be the best outdoor dining experience in Atlanta. I always go there when I want to feel like I am in France. The service is excellent, food very good and martini's hit the spot last night. One of my favorite restaurants in the area. Sunday Brunch buffet is wonderful too. $19.00 Pre-Fix dinners Mon -Thursday.

• Visited July 2011
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Great dinner with friends”
Reviewed April 2, 2011

Excellent meal of crab cakes and grilled fish while visiting with friends. Service excellent as well.

• Visited March 2011
Lebanon, New Jersey
1,135 restaurant reviews
“Very pleasant place to eat, but food not exciting”
Reviewed March 8, 2011

Sometime you go to a place and there is nothing on the menu that jumps out at you. It is unusual for me - I usually quickly find a few things that sound good to me - and then have to narrow down to one. That is not to say the menu is not good - several fish seafood dishes should delight most people. Starters were mussels in a sherry sauce - which were excellent. The calamari was unique (slight hint of hoisin sauce). Because of recommendation I had crab cakes They were as the server said - all crab, but nothing exciting about them. Fellow dinners had the steak - which came sliced open (strange) and looked very blah next to white mashed potatoes and broccoli. The best dish had was a special marlin with side of sea scallops - very creative with a mint salsa. This dish showed there is some out-of-the-box thinking in the kitchen - I think they should get some of it on the regular menu.

• Visited March 2011