“Delicious Mexi Menu -Fresh Full of Flavor - Affordable & Adorable!”

Mezcalito's Cantina
Ranked #66 of 425 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: We’re giving the classic Mexican menu a bit of an update here at Mezcalito's Cantina. Instead of just serving up the traditional dishes you expect at a Mexican restaurant, we’re adding our own twist. We’ve focused on making sure every bite is filled with flavor -- our rice even has poblano peppers and cilantro mixed in. Our drinks have adventurous options, too, like our house-made margarita mixed with Devil's Water (a tequila infused with ten different peppers). There’s something for everyone here, including space for your four-legged friends on our front patio.
Reviewed February 12, 2018

Mezcalito's Cantina is a treasure. Full of color, bold flavors and wonderful staff!
Cozy and comfortable. The tequila selection is great. Guacamole Tamales Tacos Mole - oh my, each dish is wonderful (specials too!). Generous portions and tomatoes in winter that taste like summer. Take out is available.

Try the Devils Water, it is a house specialty. Spicey Mysterious and Magical indeed!
Yum

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

This is a cute little restaurant right in the heart of downtown Oakhurst in Decatur. The staff is really friendly. I had it with the brisket w/ Goat Cheese Salsa, Monterey Jack Cheese, Rice & Beans which was really good! The highlight of my dining was their Basil Tequila. It is amazing and highly recommend it!!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed July 6, 2017 via mobile

It's very nice to approach a restaurant for the first time and find it really buzzing with tables of patrons outside and in. We were lucky to sit in the window. I loved the decorations - so much detail everywhere you looked - well done! Service was pleasing and we enjoyed our drinks and snacks. Thank you for a memorable experience.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed June 29, 2017 via mobile

Forget the strange San Francisco treat rice a roni and canned refried beans that are staples in most Mexican restaurants, Mezcalito's doesn't go there. Their beans are slow simmered and spiced just right; I have no idea what they put in their (green) rice but it is delicious, fragrant and light . Their salad is great as is their Tres Leches (save room for it) and you generally cannot go wrong with one of their ever changing daily specials. Lovely, friendly , attentive staff . Best when you can eat outside and enjoy the night air and watch the neighborhood action.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed January 20, 2017

I remember when Mezcalito's Cantina was brand new to Decatur and the fare was quite good. The owners seemed to care about the quality of the food, items were homemade and had distinct flavors. Unfortunately, the fare seems to have diminished in quality and tastefulness over time. Now some items seem to be retrieved from a box as frozen goods rather than homemade, e.g., the taquitos and flautas. Chips and salsa are no longer complimentary. Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best, I had grilled salmon tacos and a salad when I visited this restaurant recently. The salmon had an unpleasant taste from not being fresh and was laden in cooking oil. Adding to the negative dining experience, I was not given the correct amount back when I paid for my dinner with a $20 bill. When I inquired about the missing change (meaning coins), the waiter said something to the effect that it was not the restaurant’s policy to give change as they would have to obtain the change from a cash box in back. I am not sure if this means the restaurant does not give you change if you pay with cash and they owe you less than 50 cents or ? However, if this is now the restaurant’s policy, then customers should be advised of this policy before they pay with cash. On the plus side, the restaurant's décor is attractive and the staff has always been friendly and gracious.

Date of visit: January 2017