“Amazing in every way!!”

Ranked #13 of 376 Restaurants in Decatur
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Dinner at the Kimball House last night was a fantastic experience. They have an extensive selection of beers and crafted cocktails that would keep me going back until I had tried everyone! The oysters were delightful and very well presented. Matt at the bar took very good care of us and each plate was spot on! Be sure to try the tomato salad made with fresh, grown-on-site heirloom, tomatillos and strawberry tomatoes. I would have licked the plate but did not want to embarass the others in my party. I had the pork loin and it was fork tender and perfectly flavored. I could definately be a regular if I lived in the area!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

the Kimball house exceeded our expectations both in terms of food and beverage. the service was excellent and they have done a very very nice jobs utilizing the old Depot. Definitely worth a visit and be sure to check out the garden while you're there.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Across the board, one of the best dining experiences we have had. Cocktails, wine, oysters, dinner and dessert did not disappoint. Our waiter, Tyler, was one of the best waiters we have had. His recommendations were spot on. Of course, started with the oysters, which were divine, and the fresh tuna tartare and duck breast were sublime. Great cocktails and wine selection. The peach tart for dessert was perfect. Delicious, but not too sweet. We were surprised at how reasonable the cost of the meal was considering all that we ordered.

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Every time I dine at Kimball House I find another dimension. The owners, chefs and staff continue to bring the best product to the table with sophisticated but not manipulated integrity. Every flavor can be savored. The squash salad was filled with surprises : squash blossoms, homegrown flowers, etc. The constantly changing offerings of oysters from British Columbia to Maryland to Rhode Island is just a great series if tastings along with great cocktails. The sockeye salmon, raw beef, NC trout and more : the menu changes daily. Loved the fried peach pie with homemade goat cheese ice cream and butter pecan ice cream I ordered on three different occasions. Prices are beyond fair and attentiveness to detail and service is unerring.
Worth a try!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Wow- amazing, fresh food. Great service. Fab cocktails. Beautiful inside and out. I'm a vegetarian so I can speak to the oysters :)

Been to Kimball House? Share your experiences!